What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Well ford can **** right off. Wanted £1000 deposit on a mustang and when a car came in if I didn’t want it they would refund the money. Managed to get a look round a 2.3. Interior is terrible and a huge step back from what I have.
Honda are another shower of dirt had a nice 2019 type r but wanted £3000 up front just to get a test drive.
So after a lot of deliberation I have my name down for a m240i when they come out. Had a quick look online and it came in under budget but I’m sure there will be some sort of deal on them.
I should have kept my 67
2A492425-2F0B-4977-9606-956CA2207F89.jpeg
2A492425-2F0B-4977-9606-956CA2207F89.jpeg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
My friend was driving some of these today (I was there to watch and take some poor smartphone footage). He drove the 911, orange GTR, purple Gallardo, California, 360 Challenge Stradale, F&F GTR and then had a passenger ride in the ariel atom. We both thought the day was really well organised.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Well ford can **** right off. Wanted £1000 deposit on a mustang and when a car came in if I didn’t want it they would refund the money. Managed to get a look round a 2.3. Interior is terrible and a huge step back from what I have.
Honda are another shower of dirt had a nice 2019 type r but wanted £3000 up front just to get a test drive.
So after a lot of deliberation I have my name down for a m240i when they come out. Had a quick look online and it came in under budget but I’m sure there will be some sort of deal on them.
I should have kept my 67
View attachment 335941View attachment 335941

Long time no see Jim! Yep, you shoulda kept that one alright…looked perfect

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Something about a black ferrari 😍

Some collection 😁

especially this

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Having serious thoughts about this..

@Lyons did you have one similar but didnt like it?

I've driven the brother in laws M50d & its sharp as help & comfy but certainly wouldnt be sporty handling, stopping wise etc

Great to look at and nice place to be, but I found mine horrible to drive. Just depends what sort of roads you spend most of your time on though. My commute is country roads mostly and it was a real chore. Nothing handles like a car.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Great to look at and nice place to be, but I found mine horrible to drive. Just depends what sort of roads you spend most of your time on though. My commute is country roads mostly and it was a real chore. Nothing handles like a car.

At the minute just school runs mostly, but I'd say the commute to Dublin, albeit once or twice a week, isn't far away at this stage..

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Do you need a jeep?

Well... for most days in reality, no. Kids are 12, 11 & 3.

Wife has a Tuscon for when we all go out. But I've really gotten used to being in a jeep, the X3 had me ruined, loved it but don't think I could justify another..

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Well... for most days in reality, no. Kids are 12, 11 & 3.

Wife has a Tuscon for when we all go out. But I've really gotten used to being in a jeep, the X3 had me ruined, loved it but don't think I could justify another..
If I was doing motorway runs down to Dublin everyday I think I'd be wanting a jeep over a car (ignoring fuel costs), different story when on more country roads though. A big jeep doesn't even feel like ur in a car bombing along the motorway

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Love that exige, it would be a weapon too at that power. Something like that is about the only thing that would tempt me away from the impreza.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
If I was doing motorway runs down to Dublin everyday I think I'd be wanting a jeep over a car (ignoring fuel costs), different story when on more country roads though. A big jeep doesn't even feel like ur in a car bombing along the motorway

This is the thing though, I'm not sure if & when I'll be returning to that, was 3 days a week pre-covid. Hoping it will only be 1 maybe 2 max when 'normality' returns.

Was also thinking of the like of this but with the miles its not cheap