Drives
GTI
Saw this online earlier. Thought someone had stolen your plate lol

IMG_8092.jpeg

wbrown343

RMS Regular
Drives
D2 S8
Thanks for the spin in this the other night Tufty! You're a true gentleman and it is shockingly quick, makes the RS4 seem less like a rocket and they're no slouch! It sounds unreal too I don't know how your neighbours cope :joy:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@wbrown343 your more than welcome anytime it was my pleasure. The less said about neighbors the better we have had some hassle over the years I think we are at the point they cant say anything now for certain reasons lol.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks A lot @Ruairi83.

Just a small update as good as the brakes are on the car currently I have noticed some brake fade which I am not to keen on so a good friend of mine Dean at Vagbremtechnic (VBT) has hooked me up with the following Discs and I have managed to get pads trough work in the form of Brembo HP2 for both front and rear.

2x 370x32 2 piece front brake discs

1709210281792.png

I should notice a difference with these paired with the pads also.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Looks like it was just about to hit the ton there too, 6-7 secs to 100mph? 😈

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Christopher it can be very loud at times its a sound that is ever changing if that makes sense.

Between 2.5k and 3.5k it would be at its loudest and above that the sound levels reduce and the engine takes over its mad.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Get the fuel ran through ok?

Kind of the story goes like this. Topped up fuel on Thursday evening with BP Ultimate and all was good got up Friday to do the school run and it was not running the best and was not coming on boost this was the first time I had put 97ron into it with an Octane Booster and as Friday progressed so did the issues with it not running right and taking the right foot at all. Saturday I did not risk driving it and left it to Sunday midday it started and was sounding a lot better and was running as sweet as a nut so a friend rang me to call to his for a cuppa so I left Portadown and headed for Lurgan and all was good until I approached Rushmere and well it died and panic mode stepped up a gear as I sure thought id ****ed it. I switched it off let it sit for a minute and started it again and well the EPC light came on so then I took off ever so gently still with panic that the fuel had messed things up some 25 minutes later I got to Lurgan and had the cuppa with my good pal then we sat about reading the car to see what codes would come up and to my surprise the fueling end of things was spot on but the Throttle Body was firing up error codes. So my good pal Ruairi began stripping the car to get the throttle body off to have a look and well it was seized closed upon further inspection of the TB the bearings had gone in the butterfly and this would explain why the car would only rev to 1500rpm. I priced the dealer for a new TB and its £1000 needless to say I haven't ordered it as yet but I have one on the way from Wigan vag parts and should be here Wednesday.

IMG_6044.jpeg

IMG_6042.jpeg