Mk7 Golf R

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Missed this thread somehow very nice Lyons!! Reds tidy in them altho I prefer the original wheels in all honesty

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Black mirror caps (or red) would be the jab (y)
Seriously thinking about buying a 2 year old one of these when my lease is up and getting some wheels and a JB1 :p

8c71d622424940e335e13449bec19f84.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It's fantastic, I can honestly see us keeping it for a while. If it was an estate I'd probably keep it forever!

Red caps would make it look like a peasant spec GTD :p

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Discover Pro retrofit take 2! It turned out last time that the MIB1 units aren’t as easy to retrofit, and really need to be coded and activated in person, which ruled it out as the guy was in Redditch. I knew MIB2 units were easier to fit, but they were a lot dearer and I had no need for CarPlay which was the main difference over MIB1. That said, I still fancied the idea of having Discover Pro, so I kept an eye out for a unit as I kept the 6.5” screen since last time. Alex actually put this up on eBay cheaper than I expected, so I made a cheeky offer and got it. Fitted this morning, all very easy. It doesn’t use MDI so it came with a USB port which also needed fitted and a couple of wires swapped.

Really happy with the outcome. Mrs Lyons was just saying she can’t see her changing in the next few years, so I’ll likely keep an eye out for an 8” screen too.

CEA5FC7C-E943-430D-9964-2A3E4C43EAD3.jpeg
CA3DB942-D501-4CCB-AB98-B55A2B27C7AA.jpeg
447B4F51-FEA5-4028-9666-821F3C2FFAC8.jpeg
ED706D74-5175-4EA8-AD5E-AACEA7A0905C.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Discover Pro retrofit take 2! It turned out last time that the MIB1 units aren’t as easy to retrofit, and really need to be coded and activated in person, which ruled it out as the guy was in Redditch. I knew MIB2 units were easier to fit, but they were a lot dearer and I had no need for CarPlay which was the main difference over MIB1. That said, I still fancied the idea of having Discover Pro, so I kept an eye out for a unit as I kept the 6.5” screen since last time. Alex actually put this up on eBay cheaper than I expected, so I made a cheeky offer and got it. Fitted this morning, all very easy. It doesn’t use MDI so it came with a USB port which also needed fitted and a couple of wires swapped.

Really happy with the outcome. Mrs Lyons was just saying she can’t see her changing in the next few years, so I’ll likely keep an eye out for an 8” screen too.

View attachment 178024View attachment 178025View attachment 178026View attachment 178027

Excellent (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’m getting the wheel retrimmed in the coming weeks and could do with some opinions.

I’d planned on getting the stitching done red to match the car colour, but looking at this photo I’m thinking the red might be a bit random as there’s no other red inside? Thoughts?

I could go grey to match the alcantara bits of the seats? Or blue to match the dials and door lights? I think this would be a bit crap though.

So either grey or red!?

F182F88A-322D-493D-B5C5-E6AD942CCEC5.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes that looks the job.

I just hate the standard wheel, I don’t know why VW didn’t make it thicker, it’s far too thin.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
£145 including postage, it’s honestly for nothing in my opinion. I would’ve thought they could be charging over £200 at least!