Project Fastra Van lol audio upgrades

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I know how fond you are of it, but I’ve always thought it probably isn’t the best representation.

It seems like a lot of money to be ploughing into an old Vauxhall van with 160k, so I’d probably move it on. Option 3 would be the most sensible, or return to standard and leave the engine as is.

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
You are right @Lyons the truth is I have never wanted to own a van but I needed one, this was the only van I would own as it goes and feels like a hot hatch. Now I have it though I'm really attached to it lol

Another option is to lease a pick up like a ranger through the business, best of both worlds.

I really fancied an Msport Transit connect until I had a drive in one and I just can't own something that slow. I 100% wouldn't keep it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
You are right @Lyons the truth is I have never wanted to own a van but I needed one, this was the only van I would own as it goes and feels like a hot hatch. Now I have it though I'm really attached to it lol

Another option is to lease a pick up like a ranger through the business, best of both worlds.

I really fancied an Msport Transit connect until I had a drive in one and I just can't own something that slow. I 100% wouldn't keep it.

Do you still need a van?

If it’s something that’s fast and handles well you want, no pick up is going to tick those boxes. Would an estate do? E91 330/5D or E60?

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
Do you still need a van?

If it’s something that’s fast and handles well you want, no pick up is going to tick those boxes. Would an estate do? E91 330/5D or E60?

They are definitely something I was looking at.

The reason I bought a van was two reasons really, first being needing something to take wheels to get refurbed in.

2nd was we do alot of collection and delivery of cars, to me I thought it looked more professional arriving in a sign written vehicle, maybe that doesn't matter.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Personally I would agree on the sign written, but not a modified one.

I think a 3/5 Touring could be a winner.

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
I was worried about that too but to be fair it's been a real talking point for alot of our customers, they always take an interest in it.

I'm not in a massive rush to make any decisions so I will see what happens. You never appreciate just how handy a wee van is until you own one.

Dump runs, furniture buying etc garden centre etc it's been brilliant.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Curve ball idea.

What about an estate car and take the rear seats out and make a false floor? Tidy it up a little at the back

Brainstorming tonight with unbelievable random ideas like Plato's Levorg style livery for PMG up the side.

subaru-btcc-168.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
A nice sign written F31 in estoril blue.....I might know of one :p
Ffs do it right....

Imola red

Manual

E46

M3

Touring
Conversion

Ticks all the boxes
Project car, modified, rwd, bit of room, something different and quick

Not 100% sure on how you'd feel about imola red manual m3s though. May have heard you mention them, maybe once in the past?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I couldn't be without my van now, I totally get your predicament Pete.

I have considered a pick up too, but they're just so bulky and dull, plus harder to fuel and boaty. Can't throw it down a back road the way you can in a wee van. Plus a van is so handy for all sorts of jobs.

I'd love a Caddy with a TFSi engine and diff!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
I reckon you’d get bored of a pickup fairly quickly Pete. Even the new ones drive piss poor and drink the juice! Another wee van or some sort of SUV would be the ticket

What about the the older shape caddy with a VR6 conversion? Plenty of poke for ripping about in and good note with a stainless system fitted. They’re all getting a bit agey now but great excuse to paint it and get it sitting well.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.