Tyre company over tightened wheel nuts, can't get the wheel off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
My gf got a flat tyre at the weekend after hitting a pothole. She had a couple of new tyres put on two weeks ago by a reputable company. I went to take the wheel off to bring it to get another tyre and I can't get the nuts off.
I've tried an electric ratchet, air ratchet and a 6ft scaffold bar on the end of my breaker with two people standing on it and can't shift any of the 8 nuts on the front two wheels.

Should I ring the company that fitted them and see if they can get someone out? I'm out of ideas and George isnt about these days.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
90's Junk
I've hit them a tap with an extension bar and the hammer. I tried tightening them too but only with my little breaker bar, I didn't want to wreck them further.

Also tried Plusgas and left it overnight, then tried wd40 and left it for a few hours both to no avail.

I need to either get hold of a heavy duty rattle gun or ring one of those mobile tyre fitters and let them have a go. I don't think the company that fitted the wheels have that service though.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
90's Junk
That's what we used earlier, It was one of the smaller 700nm milwaukee's ones though, not the 1800nm jobbie. I thought the 6ft breaker bar and someone tapping the socket with a hammer would have done it. I've no idea what the hell they used to tighten them. I'll call the place in the morning, if we can't come up with a solution I may have to take you up on that Fred.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
That's what we used earlier, It was one of the smaller 700nm milwaukee's ones though, not the 1800nm jobbie. I thought the 6ft breaker bar and someone tapping the socket with a hammer would have done it. I've no idea what the hell they used to tighten them. I'll call the place in the morning, if we can't come up with a solution I may have to take you up on that Fred.
No bother bud. I’m heading home anyway will be in all night.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Two people standing on a six ft scaffold bar over the breaker bar is likely to produce around 3000Nm depending on how heavy they are.:neutral:

KevM

RMS Regular
It’s really hard to believe a 6 ft bar won’t crack them. 6 foot??

Iv never ever seen a 3 ft bar being beat

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It’s really hard to believe a 6 ft bar won’t crack them. 6 foot??

Iv never ever seen a 3 ft bar being beat
I was thinking that myself, if a 6ft bar won't break them, you are bound to have got a free stuff conversion as the heads would be wrung off the nuts? Good 6 sided socket and extendable bar hasn't beaten me yet! Lol

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I swear they all must be getting better impact guns. I went to swap a wheel yesterday and the force to remove the bolts was mad. Next time I get tyres on I'll be telling them to let me tighten them because its going to end with busted bolts.

Simon998

RMS Regular
OP
Simon998
Drives
90's Junk
Weren’t the two recruited to stand on the bar hefty lol

Both built like myself. Probably 10st between us :p

I'll give it another rattle tomorrow and see where I get, they've been soaking in plusgas for a few days now.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Thats what i like about Carryduff tyres, they torque the wheels up when they're putting them on, also they don't mark your alloys

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.