Audi RS Q3

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
So this happened yesterday :eek:
I had a distressed wife in the back of the car as our 3week old girl was sick.

We were in Victoria square and trying to get out with about 20 cars passing, my two girls in back in tears and me stressed to the tits I ended up clipping the side of the wall reversing out - but got to hospital and she is okay which is what matters most.

Will call Audi this morning to see what they can do. :/

image-jpg.90384

As long as the kid is fine, screw the car. There is a very good chance that a detailer could touch this up. Give PMG Autocare a shout, he is a magician with a touch-up brush!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

We were in Victoria square and trying to get out with about 20 cars passing, my two girls in back in tears and me stressed to the tits I ended up clipping the side of the wall reversing out - but got to hospital and she is okay which is what matters most.

image-jpg.90384

Firstly I wouldn't go near Agnews for that.

Take it to a good independent bodyshop and they'll blow that in no probs.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d

image-jpg.90384
That's unfortunate but glad everyone is well.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
As long as the kid is fine, screw the car. There is a very good chance that a detailer could touch this up. Give PMG Autocare a shout, he is a magician with a touch-up brush!

Kid is good - back home and happy :grinning:

Firstly I wouldn't go near Agnews for that.

Take it to a good independent bodyshop and they'll blow that in no probs.

We bought the car new from Audi beside odyssey. So will take it there to see if they can do me a favour or come to a good arrangement

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
@Woodcutter is right, and if you hassle them in to doing it as a "favour" they're even more likely to rush it and make a hash of it.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Kid is good - back home and happy :grinning:

We bought the car new from Audi beside odyssey. So will take it there to see if they can do me a favour or come to a good arrangement

Glad the kid is ok again :laughing:

As @Woodcutter said, don't be going near Agnews as they will probably make a hash of it and there bodyshop is ***** imo! @PeteMoore, can you sort this?

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Well the wife dad knows the manager as he has bought few cars of him so hoping he can do something. As @johnb740 said it would void warranty. It hasn't even hit 1000miles yet so would rather let those guys sort it - but I do appreciate the advise

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Well the wife dad knows the manager as he has bought few cars of him so hoping he can do something. As @johnb740 said it would void warranty. It hasn't even hit 1000miles yet so would rather let those guys sort it - but I do appreciate the advise

Audi will get the guy that does smart repairs in to fix it. It will be able to be blown in and they get him so wont invalidate the paint work warranty bud.

Last edited:

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
So the time has come to say good bye to the RS Q3.

We are upgrading to a Q5 black edition. I am unsure whether to go for a petrol again or diesel.

Rough mileage per year is around 6-7k max.

What’s people’s opinion. 1. For resale value 2. Running/maintenance costs etc

The Q3 has lost us approx half the value we bought it in 2015 with a trade-in to Audi.

Thanks

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Go with petrol. Diesel cars will become more and more difficult to shift as time goes on. Leasing companies have totally revised their residual values at end of terms on diesel cars and offer favourable deals on petrol because they have recognised that they are holding their value better. If you are only doing 6-7k you wouldnt be doing enough mileage anyway to see the savings you'd need to warrant the extra initial outlay, reagardless of what the value is after 3 years.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
x 2 for petrol. Bought the wife a derv ML . She wasn't doing the mileage, and caused pain with DPF and regens. Now she's back in a petrol after 9 months.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
Love the RSQ3, Audi lent me one in 2014 while they faffed around with the registration transfer on my new A5. Put two tanks of fuel through it in two days, real hoot of a drive.

Low mileage in a diesel isn't a DPF killer as long as you're doing a decent half hour run around 50mph every few weeks. If you're just doing 5-10 miles on the school run every day then petrol is better, but even petrol cars will be getting DPFs soon.

My FiL had a Pug 2008 diesel and was averaging 30 miles a week, he had two DPFs in a year until he got fed up and traded it.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Love the RSQ3, Audi lent me one in 2014 while they faffed around with the registration transfer on my new A5. Put two tanks of fuel through it in two days, real hoot of a drive.

Low mileage in a diesel isn't a DPF killer as long as you're doing a decent half hour run around 50mph every few weeks. If you're just doing 5-10 miles on the school run every day then petrol is better, but even petrol cars will be getting DPFs soon.

My FiL had a Pug 2008 diesel and was averaging 30 miles a week, he had two DPFs in a year until he got fed up and traded it.

What is the petrol version of a DPF going to be?

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Isn’t a ‘PPF’ similar or the same as a catalytic convertor? Just sounds like something else being added which can potentially cause problems - though I’m sure it won’t block up like a DPF would.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Suprised to hear petrol over diesel as always thought diesels sold far better than petrol in NI.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
Aye, PPFs then.

They are very different to a catalytic converter which changes the crap output from the engine into some less crap for the environment.... a PPF will grab the unburnt particulates from a petrol engine after the catalytic converter and stop your chrome end getting black... (other ends are available)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Have a PPF in my car, it's a balls for strangling the sound from the exhaust.

Hope there's no chance of mazda 2.2 style oil dilution issues..... :worried: