The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Those new model ones are handy on diesel. I'm changing mine atm, if that was a 4.4 I would have been all over it. My preferance is a black on black 4.4 autobiography or I might completely push the boat out and go SVR Sport lol
As much as I love an SVR, a TDV8 full fat is just an absolute joy to drive day to day

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
As much as I love an SVR, a TDV8 full fat is just an absolute joy to drive day to day

It is I currently have a last of the line l322 tdv8 and it is my second favourite car I have ever owned. Its just blissful to be in. I'm heavily swinging to a full fat again

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Don't know if I'd have a sport now over the full fat vogue ... prefer the shape in the non sport guise on the newer shape ... SERE have a lovely grey Autobiography about the place and its stunning

davyk31

RMS Regular
Currently very tempted to try either a Sport or Full Fat RR as never had the brand. A 5.0 petrol sport would be fun but not sure if that’s a mental plan. Fuel costs aren’t a huge concern as mileage is low. Love the SVR as well but they ramp up the purchase prices but listening to a few YouTube videos certainly help the man maths with mega sweet V8 sounds.

Scared of the reliability issues of any RR product though.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I have bought vans from J&F and they stand over their stuff. @big_pete has bought cars from them.

Was referring to buying one in general. Surely a decent warranty would keep you right for whatever length of time you own it? Ive always paid for extended BMW warranty and its been good to me over the years.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Get it bought there’s a couple on Wilson’s auction site

Going to speak to the bride tonight and see what the story is. I have learned that seeking for forgiveness after the fact is worse than asking for permission in the 1st place!

The main issue will be that I want to keep my own and not sell it. She may not be happy about that lol

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Going to speak to the bride tonight and see what the story is. I have learned that seeking for forgiveness after the fact is worse than asking for permission in the 1st place!

The main issue will be that I want to keep my own and not sell it. She may not be happy about that lol

😂😂😂 I just buy stuff then appear in it ,, silent treatment isn’t a punishment to me

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Nice you selling the L322 @big_pete

I am, need to get an ad up for it. Although a few dealers in England are actually offering me really good money on a trade in because its kitted with the Khan kit and the Cosworth exhaust etc so could just end up chipping it in lol

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
**** me that is lethal looking

Isn't it and it seems to be well looked after. Either that or the photographer is very skilled taking pics lol.

I like the look of it and I adore the Green/Cream Combo. I would still prefer a Westminster Model though but I can't find one in Green.

Going to make a call today and see what happens. I will only buy it if I can see it before hand which could get tricky.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Is that the same colour as yours @ChrisL

Looks like Epsom green. But could be mine as it looks different in all kinds of light lol

Not sure if the 2010 onwards model had Tonga Green on its options for colour.

Lovely car that, thinking of face lifting mine at present to bring it up to 06-09 model.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Well **** this caper,

Got round to doing the gearbox oil change, started out well, got the filler undone, then drained the oil out, no dramas

went to slacken the 10mm pan bolts, 15/21 of the, slackened no problem, the others, welll someone has either cross threaded them or used an airwrench to tighten them, they should only be 10nm for **** sake.

I used my big 1/2 ratchet on one of them, going as slowly and easy as I could to not put any stress on the bolt, but nope, ping ******* thing sheared off, so now im left with 5 in and one sheared, going to have to wait for my step dad to come round and drill them out and retap them, ******* ******* of a thing

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Well **** this caper,

Got round to doing the gearbox oil change, started out well, got the filler undone, then drained the oil out, no dramas

went to slacken the 10mm pan bolts, 15/21 of the, slackened no problem, the others, welll someone has either cross threaded them or used an airwrench to tighten them, they should only be 10nm for **** sake.

I used my big 1/2 ratchet on one of them, going as slowly and easy as I could to not put any stress on the bolt, but nope, ping ******* thing sheared off, so now im left with 5 in and one sheared, going to have to wait for my step dad to come round and drill them out and retap them, ******* ******* of a thing

Nightmare buddy have gear oil sitting waiting to do mine
Had similar day on Saturday doing brakes every bolt and slider were seized took me 3 1/2 hours to do them all but it’s back together and feels good so before winter sets in will be oil service and gearbox service and maybe wheels lol
Keep wafting buddy