Gaz86's 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II RS

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Today I got the back bumper off the Proton to see exactly what I'd got and to say I'm over the moon is an understatement 😁 this thing is damn near mint πŸ‘ŒπŸ» it has literally everything I needed to make the Evo perfect again!

IMG_20220828_183821.jpg
IMG_20220828_183107.jpg
IMG_20220827_210431.jpg
IMG_20220827_210427.jpg
IMG_20220827_210436.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Will all the running gear fit that shell lol? That's an immaculate shell, be a shame to cut it up really.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Will all the running gear fit that shell lol? That's an immaculate shell, be a shame to cut it up really.

No mate it's not going into that shell, wouldn't technically be an Evo then so would lose a lot of its value. Is a bit of a shame but needs must πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ It's going to a good cause 😁

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Must be chuffed with that! Sure you saved it from rotting away so at least its being put to gd use πŸ‘

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
im getting tommyFyeah vibes off all these OE parts labels πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ looking good

I want this thing looking fresh when it's finished πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜ Currently waiting to see if I can get brand new bonnet vents. Bloody expensive for all the size of them but I feel it would really help it.

I may also have a solution to the front grille badge problem. They are long discontinued now and very hard to get but while listening to the Reload Podcast the other day @veedubboy mentioned a guy on Instagram who manufactures rare grille badges, mostly VAG stuff but a badge is a badge. I had a friend in Birmingham send me the one off his Evo 3 which I have now measured up and transferred onto AutoCAD to hopefully get remade 🀞🏻

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
New bonnet vents would definitely be worth it. Same with drip rails and all that. Might as well if you're going to all this trouble. Get them while you still can if still available.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
New bonnet vents would definitely be worth it. Same with drip rails and all that. Might as well if you're going to all this trouble. Get them while you still can if still available.

I got spare drip rails with the Proton πŸ‘πŸ» Fingers crossed the vents are still available. I've also ordered new brake shields for the rear discs and cupholders for the front console. This will likely be the last of the OEM parts from Japan. After this it's onto the bodywork

Looking forward to seeing this done. I've had a IV and VI but always wanted a III

I wish I'd bought one of these a long time ago tbh, no idea why I didn't tbh πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
A couple of new pieces arrived this weekend from Japan πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅. A brand new OEM fold-out cupholder and handbrake assembly to replace the worn out old one. That completes the interior 😁

In other news the car is ready to come off the ramps and move onto the dolly to start the bodywork. Will post up pics of that later in the week

IMG_20221015_081349.jpg
IMG_20221015_081612.jpg
IMG_20221015_081502.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Unfortunately the bonnet vents are now discontinued by Mitsubishi. I have seen plastic copies but they're only available in Malaysia. The ones I have aren't terrible anyway so I'll most likely just repaint them satin black unless I can find someone trustworthy in Malaysia to forward them to me

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
If it eases you any I've bought dozens of packages from Malaysia in the last 3 years. All bought from Yamaha over there then resold by some randomer on facebook and everythings been 100% so far.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
If it eases you any I've bought dozens of packages from Malaysia in the last 3 years. All bought from Yamaha over there then resold by some randomer on facebook and everythings been 100% so far.

Might look into it further down the line. Only one of my vents is a little out of shape and sits proud from the bonnet, could probably fix it with a heat gun and bond it down.