2003 Vauxhall VX220 2.2

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sorting out the front clamshell alone on that car could get very expensive. Then any crash damage under that... And given the external state I don't want to know what it looks like underneath - suspension, wishbones, brakes, tie rods, rack, radiator, heater, etc. All of it bound to be rusted solid in the state that car is in, lol.

Maybe the engine runs and is worth something :innocent:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
C912D282-D4A7-4F0F-9831-43AF8A70AB3F.jpeg

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Only had time for a very quick test drive last night but started ok, and felt ok on a light run up and down the road a few times. Stayed close to home lol in case it kacked itself. Need a longer run later to see if the bad running returns.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
And a good 40 min joyride shakedown drive seems to indicate all good. Drove into work this morning too so looking not too bad! No leaks, car pulls well (missing the cams though!) and no spluttering after it warms up

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
bit pricey - £2k should do it when the time comes, although it looks like it includes the ECU which is worth nearly a grand

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
well it wasnt ever going to be plain sailing. Noticed when the car was started from cold it was grumbly rattling from the engine. It went away after about a minute and I suspected the timing chain tensioner. It comes compressed and when you fit it into the block you need to push the tensioner guide, which pushes the tensioner in and "releases" it. I unscrewed mine and it was still in the compressed state so not pushing hard enough on the tensioner guide. Popped it out, released it manually then with a little elbow grease you can fit it already extended (I should have done this in the first place but forgot). So hopefully thats that sorted. Ill see in the morning when its stone cold. It wont have done any harm but obviously you want all that kinda stuff 100%

1574278700522.png