2013 AUDI S6 (JAP IMPORT)

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
For anyone who knows me I had been complaining how slow the car felt on certain days and there was no fault codes showing. A run down to Dundalk cars and Coffee with my Brother who had taken my RS4 for the journey revealed there was something wrong as my 450bhp S6 got left for dead by my 400ish bhp RS4 I couldn’t believe how much it pulled on me to 70mph. So It was off to the work shop to have it looked over and we noticed one of the boost pressure sensor’s was lagging behind the other and well at that point it was a no brainer to change it AND WOW what a difference it made. It would appear I have been driving an A6 right up until we fixed it and now it’s a different animal all together of course myself and brother done the 0-70 run again and I pulled about 6/7 cars on him with ease.

He then decided it was his turn again to gap me from 0-70 and landed back from a training day in England with this…

5E4A588E-68C0-42F0-A4EC-E8734B28ECC3.jpeg

A65A85B4-465D-4392-84E5-386ECC7CD9C2.jpeg

AECD7F65-11BA-407E-B931-A5493212BCCB.jpeg
5DB67BAD-36AD-4870-8940-C7E1CFF1EC71.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I was happy with the noise my car is making until I heard what his is making and I have since ordered the Milltek Cat Bypass pipes something I said I wouldn`t do as they are the price of a small car but hey we only live once. I have also bought a complete sound system from a Uk A6 so I can replace the JAP system so with some luck it all fits and I will have radio that has signal also I have a new front grill on order and number plates. I am still looking for a rear diffuser in carbon but I cant find one that I like or at the right money.

I think that`s all for now.

@Boydie I am looking at getting my Turbo`s rebuilt to the same level as the RS6 ones but I am also looking at buying an RS6 as well and maybe selling the RS4.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Not much to update on this. I got the car back from Audi a few weeks back as it was in for its recall on the Turbo Filters as Agnews advised me it needed 2x tyres so I got them ordered and changed went for some Dunlops this time round to see what they are like.

Two days later after getting the car back from Agnews the fuel pumped failed just my luck so I then ordered and fitted a new one. When we pulled the old one out it was in a bad way and rusted. Once fitted I took the car up the road and it had lost all power again just like when the boost sensors went. There was no codes are lights on the dash but a quick check over with the computer and it brought up that the voltage to the sensor was low so we think there is a possibly wiring issue and not the sensors at all.

Even after all these gremlin’s I still love it.

FA595AD7-8216-46B8-939F-7CA99B0FB7A8.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It’s easy according ASR. They tell me it’s more common than what you would think.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Not much to update on this. I got the car back from Audi a few weeks back as it was in for its recall on the Turbo Filters as Agnews advised me it needed 2x tyres so I got them ordered and changed went for some Dunlops this time round to see what they are like.

Two days later after getting the car back from Agnews the fuel pumped failed just my luck so I then ordered and fitted a new one. When we pulled the old one out it was in a bad way and rusted. Once fitted I took the car up the road and it had lost all power again just like when the boost sensors went. There was no codes are lights on the dash but a quick check over with the computer and it brought up that the voltage to the sensor was low so we think there is a possibly wiring issue and not the sensors at all.

Even after all these gremlin’s I still love it.

View attachment 377270
Which Dunlops did you go for? SportMaxx 255/35/20 are known for their sidewalls splitting early

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Small update - I haven’t really be happy with the sound of the car as It sounds very tame for a V8 and V8’s should not be tame at all.

So I purchased these yesterday.
1503ED67-7A89-4A45-AE0D-277BDD6A40F3.jpeg

And to help her breath abit better I picked up these Vargos 2.5 intake pipes and filters. I wasn’t happy with the finish on the pipes so I had them power coated this evening.

Before
4375CDD8-DEF7-46BA-8FCA-4A4789D11C7E.jpeg

After
F8E35B0C-5633-4200-A166-1164706AE4FB.jpeg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Small update - I haven’t really be happy with the sound of the car as It sounds very tame for a V8 and V8’s should not be tame at all.

View attachment 379030
And to help her breath abit better I picked up these Vargos 2.5 intake pipes and filters. I wasn’t happy with the finish on the pipes so I had them power coated this evening.

Before
View attachment 379032
After
View attachment 379033
Amazing transformation on the pipes having them powdercoated

cupraricky

RMS Regular

View attachment 379030

Before
View attachment 379032
After
View attachment 379033
Once fitted, noise video required. Need a before and after

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Amazing transformation on the pipes having them powdercoated

The powder coat has made some job of them. It’s handy having a brother that can repair wheels and powder coat. It’s maybe to handy at times.

Once fitted, noise video required. Need a before and after

I’m trying to find a decent spot to get some proper sound videos and inside the car it’s real quite but out side I’m told it sounds real nice. I will be sure to do and before and after.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The decat pipes should arrive today along with silicone boost and charge cooler hoses. I am also now looking at the forge carbon induction kit as I feel it would be a better job than having the two cone filters exposed to heat.

This is the idea below only I’ve went for grey hoses.

5E3F24C8-305F-4012-8FE3-41D7B3FD6B01.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Down pipes arrived yesterday and they are very nice 👌🏻.

I have the car booked into ASR on Saturday the 12 to carry out the following fit the down pipes and boost hose`s the gearbox also needs a software update and we have found an issue with the wiring loom to the boost pressure sensor`s as it keeps firing faults up for them and I have replaced both we have traced it back to wiring issue so that will be sorted as well. Today I also bought a honeycomb grill for it so I will fit it then as well along with new plates.

Next up will be RS6 Turbo’s and possibly a Wagnertuning charge cooler and the full audio system I got from a UK car will be fitted December.

438FE358-7580-402C-B732-7AFC5587B711.jpeg

808B6B89-1DDE-415B-A710-4551FD819ECC.jpeg

97DBBBEB-8B5E-4217-B9E3-F07897A9AAAA.jpeg

FF6D6CE5-327E-42C9-82C8-34331D1D5561.jpeg
89A54608-9A7E-4905-A43F-7F055F0C9E97.jpeg

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Tufty out of curiosity did you compare insurance quotes for UK vs Jap for the S6? Was there any difference?

I have a trade policy as I have a number of cars and it was easier putting it on the trade rather than its own policy that lasted all of two months. I got a call from CIP to tell me they removed the S6 from the policy as it was a Jap Import when I bought the car I told them what it was and it was no issue at all but that soon changed. So I tried Greenlight and your guy was an absolute knob told me I would struggle to get it insured so on to good old Adrian Flux and they couldn`t of been more helpful it cost me £800 but I have everything listed on the policy including the new turbo`s that I don`t have yet and in the event of a accident/write off they will pay the full 22k back to me.

UK S6 is free to ad on to my trade policy like wise for an RS6 as well.

On an other note I am hoping that everything I am doing to the S6 will stop my want for an RS6 and I am potentially saving myself 40k by doing this.. Well that`s what I have told the wife. :joy:

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
To go with the front grill I also ordered the following fog lamp grills.

3878B637-C93B-4E83-A1B7-10DF224409F4.jpeg

Next up will be a carbon rear diffuser of some sort and maybe a new steering wheel.

33ED00B2-5B94-4972-80D1-40A9D8094DCD.jpeg

Once I get the above I will go for the RS6 gear knob.

Before
5A8F656C-74D4-4D34-B8EC-6217099AAF95.jpeg

After
8D6A6288-246A-4144-BDC0-AF230058888D.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am currently driving a 2018 S6 Avant (borrowed) - nice place to be and change from the S3 but I def miss my S3

Too big for my needs and doesn't feel as engaging (might be a rich comment being an Audi owner) but then again, lots of work has been done to my car.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I am currently driving a 2018 S6 Avant (borrowed) - nice place to be and change from the S3 but I def miss my S3

Too big for my needs and doesn't feel as engaging (might be a rich comment being an Audi owner) but then again, lots of work has been done to my car.

A remap makes a big difference to them.

As I mentioned in my old RS6 thread the RS4 is still a better driving car. I find the newer Audi`s you just point and steer and they do the rest with the RS4 your more connected to the car and the manual gearbox makes it a better experience. How ever the S6 does everything I need. I never get tired of looking back at it when I park some where as it just really stands out for the right reasons.

I love this picture

CF97C51B-A6A9-4257-A494-51AB817BA291.jpeg

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Flipping heck! That sounds class!

I think I've seen this a few times on the Bangor ring road? Or there's another big Audi with square plates.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That sounds phenomenal, I bet you are pleased. Controversially though, sorry, but I don’t like the plate after seeing it there. I always thought it looked grand in pictures, and I know you have mentioned of running a normal jap plate instead.