NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Might just update the maps then.

tonto83

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7.5 GTD
Anyone know if it is possible to get Google maps on the sat nav in one of these? My car is the facelift with Tech Pack. @pobmk4 @Darren91

I came across this company a few weeks ago. They look pretty professional and it seems to work well. It ain’t cheap though. I’m looking at sums and thinking of an A6 avant, if i do, I think I would take a punt on this as I have CarPlay in my current car and use google maps a lot. I find the Vw sat nav pretty useless to be honest. Maybe Audi’s is better?

There are Chinese AliExpress love you long time versions out there that appear to be pretty unstable and frequently disconnect from your phone.

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Not much to update on this, just been driving it and enjoying it. Absolutely love this thing.

Treated it to a good clean today using Articulate, Purge, Ultrafoam, AD Citrus Wash, Ultragloss, Ultraslick and Hydraclean. I will do the interior tomorrow as it's time for a BBQ and beer 😂

The DI Vessel is a God send on a day like that. No drying towel used and not a single water mark!

20190715_180134.jpg
20190715_180124.jpg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Cracking car @NickR85.

Tell me more about the DI Vessel? Does it just plug in hose connection and your hose onto other side? Do you have the change the resin much and where can that be got?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Cracking car @NickR85.

Tell me more about the DI Vessel? Does it just plug in hose connection and your hose onto other side? Do you have the change the resin much and where can that be got?
Yeah, small length of hose into the vessel then another length on the other side. I just have a simple hozelock gun type attachment and use that.

I haven't had it long enough to change the resin but I'm sure others can keep you right. I got mine from Ebay and it included the resin and connectors to get you started.

Best thing I have bought as far as cleaning the car goes. Even today with washing it in the sun, there isn't a single water mark.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Yeah, small length of hose into the vessel then another length on the other side. I just have a simple hozelock gun type attachment and use that.

I haven't had it long enough to change the resin but I'm sure others can keep you right. I got mine from Ebay and it included the resin and connectors to get you started.

Best thing I have bought as far as cleaning the car goes. Even today with washing it in the sun, there isn't a single water mark.

Cheers bud. Gonna get one ordered as forked off with the watermarks.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Like that a lot (y)
Such a nice big car, I'd be more than happy to own and drive that.
It genuinely does everything so well. Looks the part, can shift on well with the 3.0 tdi lump (272hp), always feels planted with the quattro, plenty of toys, comfortable, does around 35mpg even with pushing it on alot of the time and has tonnes of space.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(

I understand aboit it stopping water marks but do they not appear once it has rained and then dried in?

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
This thing is class looking. When you think about it, it's just another grey Audi estate, but there's something about this that just looks mean. Great car!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I understand aboit it stopping water marks but do they not appear once it has rained and then dried in?

This @MarkP ! Washed the car at the weekend, dried and QD' it immediately to try and eliminate water marks, did an ok job... kids have a water fight an hour later... some "overspray" hits the car and viola... water marks :worried:

Sorry for the spam @NickR85 lol

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I dont really seem to get water marks from rain for some reason....

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I dont really seem to get water marks from rain for some reason....

This was from water that had came from the water guns/tap in fairness. Think it depends on how dirty the rain is too though (that comment seems daft)

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Cheers bud. Gonna get one ordered as forked off with the watermarks.

I must do the same, Adam got me one of the extended lances from Cleantec for my birthday (romantic I know :joy:) and it's so much handier when washing cars.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The wife is considering changing this for something something like a Tiguan/Q5. I'm not sure what to do as this does everything so well but just a bit big for the wife at times.