Audi S6 Avant 4.2 V8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm looking at getting the RS6 upper and lower grills to try and freshen up the front end. I'm not too sure though.

Rs6 grillsView attachment 86836

My current grills.
View attachment 86838

RS6 steering wheel and wants the RS6 grilles, next you'll be wanting the RS6's twin turbos! Sell it now and buy an RS6, you know it makes financial sense in the long run! (Until the gearbox eats itself)

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
What about black audi rings for the grille and back? could go well against the silver. I also prefer black badging to debadging as then it just looks like a gawping mouth to me lol

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
After winning a German eBay auction I got some new led rear lights. Probably not to everyone's tastes but I think really freshens up the rear end, and a Brucie Bonus the wife's back to work this week after maternity and I've the week off so hopefully she doesn't notice for a while.

Before
image.jpg

After

image.jpg

Tow bar will be coming off at some point as well.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Gotta love a younger tidy backend... Looks really well though, really like those!

I would love to get one of those electronic hideaway tow bars if I had a big estate, just for the novelty of it... but probably not worth the money as I am sure they're dear!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Managed to get the pillar trims off as they were looking a bit tired, managed to find some carbon wrap pretty similar to the carbon inserts inside the car so got the wrap on and got them back on the car. Should be getting the new bootlid fitted within the next couple of weeks as well.
image.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
Just back from my folks in Gods Country, while I was there my dad and I managed to get the new bootlid fitted. Bit of a pain but managed to get it on and all lined up in a couple of hours, put 400 miles on it over in Scotland and it never missed a beat even managed to average 21mpg for the time I was there and that included some enthusiastic driving around Perthshire.

Although after being back there, a few hard truths hit home, so the S6 may be spending all of its time back there.

Old dented one off.
image.jpg

New one on, and roofbars on a Vag being used for what they're supposed to be.
image.jpg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
That means I am gonna have to go to Scotland to buy this for an extortionately cheap price when you're done?
Make sure I get a wee go in it before you leave anyway haha

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip

No no, not like that, we are still "happily" married. She has a career here and family, who incidentally are actually part of the problem, ie no support whatsoever with the bairn. Ah well that's my problem.

But anyway, this is about the car not my soap opera of a life. Next up is to get hold of the facelift model numberplate insert for the rear, which is a gloss black and not the smoked as I've got, after that maybe a wheel refurb and that'll be it for the car.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Skip
That means I am gonna have to go to Scotland to buy this for an extortionately cheap price when you're done?
Make sure I get a wee go in it before you leave anyway haha
Doubt it'll be anytime soon, Scottish house prices are ridiculous at the moment compared to here, so doubt we could afford what we have now, over there.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ffs, sounds like an episode of Coronation St above ^^^^ Text me with any juicy gossip though, take it you offended her family at the wedding lol?

Car actually suits having a roof box on the top though (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.