Autodoc

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Anyone any experience returning stuff to Autodoc? Straight forward or a bit of a ballix?

I’d ordered new pads for the Audi but opened the box and realised they’re the wrong size ffs.

Had to return a set of suspension arms that didn't fit there a few weeks ago. Very straight forward.

They assessed, sent me returns label, packed, dropped into post office. 1 week later, full refund.

Very simple.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Thanks. Think I paid extra for the 200 day return thing so hopefully straight forward :grinning:

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Getting a bit nervous with my latest order, a week today and still not dispatched?

Not had any problems with previous orders so hopefully this was just a stock issue or similar. Been showing awaiting pick up for 2 days now though

Screenshot_20230705_143032_edit_187197130705669.jpg

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
I ordered stuff couple of weeks ago and it showed as awaiting pickup for a few days. Then once it was picked up it came in a couple of days.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I ordered stuff last Wednesday and its still being packed according to the app 🤦‍♂️

Never had to do it but a PITA apparently

Seems to be the way with most of the online places, prices are good if you don't have to re-order lol. I find CarPartsInMotion to be the best out of the usual crowd, always dispatched really quickly and come in pretty cheap.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Out of the blue I actually got an email this morning apologizing for the delay and stating it will be sent out as soon as possible.

I also got a £3 voucher off my next order :joy: :joy:

Not in any rush for the stuff but just as well really

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Getting a bit nervous with my latest order, a week today and still not dispatched?

Not had any problems with previous orders so hopefully this was just a stock issue or similar. Been showing awaiting pick up for 2 days now though

View attachment 403057

I think that’ll happen if they don’t have it in stock. It’ll turn up ok just takes a while sometimes

E4mon

RMS Regular
I'm obviously late to the party here but I’ve never used Autodoc before. I can get Brembo discs for less than half the price of Euro Carparts - Is it too good to be true? There are some bad reviews online

PAULW

RMS Regular
@E4mon it's legit, slow delivery (10 days ish) is that only complaint. Make sure you cross reference all your part numbers etc and ensure you are ordering the right bits.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
@E4mon it's legit, slow delivery (10 days ish) is that only complaint. Make sure you cross reference all your part numbers etc and ensure you are ordering the right bits.

As above, slow delivery so don't use them in an emergency and triple check part no's as they seem to throw some random parts in the catalogue for completely different cars to what you've selected.

You'll get the best price on the app. I try to hold out for the 41% discount days before ordering things they'll normally run it once or twice a month. It's the highest discount I've seen them run.

If you order something that you're not sure about get the safe order option added think it's like 3.99 but makes returning stuff so much easier.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
If im ordering anything that i want to ensure is genuine and not fake i always order from Autodoc.

As above, as long as your not in a rush its spot on.

PAULW

RMS Regular
@E4mon one thing they can do if stock is low on a part is substitute the ordered part with their own brand (stark) which they allege is better, they do this silently and don't notify you, so keep an eye on the order status in the day or two post order. The stark stuff is absolute cr4p, they substituted brake pads on me for stark ones and they went in the bin after a few weeks, squeeled like a pig. If that happens, email and request they change them back or to something else if still out of stock. (When you look at say brake pads and buy a set of say brembo or TRW.ar 30 quid, the stark brand will be 50 off quid, you wonder why anyone would buy it and I guess they don't but when they substitute, they then claim that they substituted with something of higher value). This doesn't happen often, maybe once in 5 orders due to stock but keep an eye for it.

@Mackers91 gave some good advice, app is cheapest and coming up to black Friday they will do a day of 45-46% off, that'll be the best for the year, the best through the rest of the year is 41% recently. Always well priced though but compare to partsinmotion as it's very good and fast delivery but deals more in pads, discs and filters etc

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Standard behaviour, work on the basis that all of them are Jeremy Hunt's and you'll not be disappointed. (y)