Autodoc

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Just got a refund notice 5 weeks after ordering, no explanation. @rseholes.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I tried to fit a door lock mechanism to the golf that I bought from Autodoc a few weeks back.

All going well once in, door locks on the fob, opens on the cable pull. Put the door skin and handle back on, close the door and try the handle again. Door won't open. Tried the inside handle, no luck there either. ****.

Managed to wiggle off the cover where the key slot would be (it's a passenger door) and with some coaxing and pushing the entire door up, got it open. The lock sits on a tab that on the old lock was lined up perfectly with the latch hook but on this brand (ridex), it sits about a mm or 2 too high. I'm going get a used part instead but was seriously disappointed in the quality of what was supposed to be an OE quality part.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I bought coil packs for the 997 off autodoc last week and the car didn't like them at all, misfiring and engine check lights.
I only changed them as a precaution and have had to put the old ones back in for now, a pain of a job in itself :joy:

In fairness, not sure it is autodoc fault, the coil packs are a more modern version of the originals and my car just did not enjoy them for some reason, still not sure why

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’d only go branded through them. Ridex is their own brand which they seem to push a lot but I’ve never tried. The last time I ordered coils the OEM Beru ones weren't available. They emailed and offered a discount if I took champion instead which I agreed with. Turns out the Champion coils were Beru ones with a sticker on them. What was even better was the remaining working original Beru coils I’d taken off sold for more on eBay than I paid for the new ones! 😂

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I’d only go branded through them. Ridex is their own brand which they seem to push a lot but I’ve never tried. The last time I ordered coils the OEM Beru ones weren't available. They emailed and offered a discount if I took champion instead which I agreed with. Turns out the Champion coils were Beru ones with a sticker on them. What was even better was the remaining working original Beru coils I’d taken off sold for more on eBay than I paid for the new ones! 😂
It was Beru ones I used. Still not sure what the problem was tbh

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Just to give an update on this. I've had great service buying from autodoc, however returns are another story. Basically if it has been fitted and then found to be faulty, they will not accept it as a return and they suggest you have to go through manufacturers warranty:sob:

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Must be a luck of the draw for some of that unless it’s changed. Last year I ordered full calipers - wasn’t overly happy with the refurb quality on one (fine but being a picky git), sent photos and they give me a full refund on it and keep it 🤷‍♂️ lashed it on and was £130 up lol

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
have £13 bonus to use by today , trying to gather up a basket lol

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
i dont know why anybody buys new pattern car parts on the internet, surely you can buy as cheap here. a guy gave me a box of new suspension arms to fit to a Mondeo which he got from a motors factors in England, anyhow most were wrong and it cost him £30 to return them and he's buying them locally now.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
i dont know why anybody buys new pattern car parts on the internet, surely you can buy as cheap here. a guy gave me a box of new suspension arms to fit to a Mondeo which he got from a motors factors in England, anyhow most were wrong and it cost him £30 to return them and he's buying them locally now.

I buy and fit all my own stuff and no shop over here can beat Autodoc for price. Takes you to plan a week ahead but it comes down to cost for me. Do my research triple check part numbers before I order and always save a good bit of money. Plus for the sake of £3 for the safe order feature you can send stuff back.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular

Brembo discs and pads for the RR, motor factors here couldn’t touch auto doc price

Fan radiator for the Mondeo, tried a few motor factors who couldn’t even order it in.

Never had an issue with parts not fitting from auto doc but I always buy OEM branded parts not the cheap ones tbh

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Any current codes (bar the 2% one) knocking about? Need to dust covers for my S3 rear shocks, not expensive at all but postage is nearly the same price ffs

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Thanks, will download and give that a go!

Unsure though if this is a set or just 1 pair?? You need the yellow and grey tube per side for the rear

1681469771283.png

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Prices are way cheaper on the app - there was 39% off earlier this week in it. Never use the website!
I placed an order on the 4th and it arrived on the 12th, not bad given Easter was in the middle.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Anyone any experience returning stuff to Autodoc? Straight forward or a bit of a ballix?

I’d ordered new pads for the Audi but opened the box and realised they’re the wrong size ffs.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I ordered stuff last Wednesday and its still being packed according to the app 🤦‍♂️

Anyone any experience returning stuff to Autodoc? Straight forward or a bit of a ballix?

I’d ordered new pads for the Audi but opened the box and realised they’re the wrong size ffs.

Never had to do it but a PITA apparently

Mackers91

RMS Regular

If it's small and you've paid for the safe order things it's a gift to be honest.