Car Insurance increases

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Renewal due in the new year so have been running a few quotes lately. Renewal came through this morning at £150 more than last year. Also more expensive than a quote I done yesterday as a new customer… fantastic, some ammo. On the phone this afternoon to get them to price match the new customer price but because the quote expired yesterday they re-ran details for today and came out more expensive than renewal. Checked myself after the call and new customer quote is now more expensive….funny that 🙄😒

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
True to the current trend my mother in laws insurance was £439 last year and the cheapest I can get this year is £678.

However, fearing the worst for my Passat insurance which is also due, I've just gone through the online comparisons and the quotes are actually cheaper than what I paid last year. 🤷‍♂️

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
after mine dropping mid term with a car change, Zenith were "unable to provide me with a quotation" for my renewal,

Comparison sites coming in mid-£700 range for 2021 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid, 32 year old driver with 13 years no claims.

Jazzer

RMS Regular
Drives
honda jazz
got renewal through at the start of the week, multi-car, came in 25% more than last year..

a phone call and a bit of tweaking later, got them down to roughly £75 more than last year.. not getting anywhere near that on comparison sites, so def worth a call to your own insurers.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Home, my car and wife’s car for £1000 quote today. That’s 320 days on the Jag, and 220 on the wife’s car. Not bad tho.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
True to the current trend my mother in laws insurance was £439 last year and the cheapest I can get this year is £678.

However, fearing the worst for my Passat insurance which is also due, I've just gone through the online comparisons and the quotes are actually cheaper than what I paid last year. 🤷‍♂️
Just out of curiosity I quoted my defender today, and it's up a bit on what I paid a few months ago, but nothing like the stories on the FB defender groups, getting quotes of £5k etc.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
£460.74 last year for my van, £449.87 this year.

It'll do, I thought it would double +some going by similar posts/threads

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
got renewal through at the start of the week, multi-car, came in 25% more than last year..

a phone call and a bit of tweaking later, got them down to roughly £75 more than last year.. not getting anywhere near that on comparison sites, so def worth a call to your own insurers.
Admiral are wild for that, usually get £200 off my renewal every year just for phoning, renewal in the next month waiting for the inevitable increase 😬

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
230 quid last year, renewal 490. Got it for 350 but had to move to 1st central, current firm moved a tenner when challenged lol

Would there be less amount of people maybe driving compared to pre covid ? With families now only needing one car ? Hence the rises. Lots more work from home

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I wonder how many people just accept the renewal without speaking to them or trying to get them down.