Car Insurance increases

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Bit of an update on this, got through to axa today and received call backs from them.

Axa cannot explain why the insurance wasn’t auto renewed or why auto renew was removed.

All they can give is a “sorry”, and a new quote around £300 pounds more than the renewal quote, as the renewal quote has expired.

😡
I cracked up with mine once because they took payment a week before it was due. First I knew was there was near £600 out of my bank. "We do that to make sure you are covered"
I got them to remove the auto renew but now I might change that !

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Admiral won't release my renewal quote until 28th of this month but looking at a few quotes from other companies i reckon I'm looking at about a £300 increase across the two cars. Bad enough but not as bad as I expected, have to see what the renewal comes back at because they were cheaper by at least a couple of hundred last year to the point I called them to check the cover was right.
I can understand a difference in prices but some of mine have been 400 to 500 between highest and lowest.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Renewal letter arrived this morning. 27% increase over last year.
Ran a few online quotes to see how it compares to other companies and surprisingly it was cheaper (with extras included) than any of the comparrison site basic policies by minimum £100.
I'll see if I can squeeze the renewal price further but looks to be as good as I'll get this year.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Her cars insurance up at end of month, 600 quid more expensive than last year, spent a day on the phone/online getting similar ridiculous quotes. Rang her company called their bluff and as if by magic knocked 700 quid off the renewal 🤷‍♂️

Still over a grand for a bloody XTrail which is just mental.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
It really is the most ridiculous industry, most things there is a game to be played to get the best prices but insurance is literally just keep making small changes and see what helps, infuriating.

2 Range Rovers that are basically the same bar colour, same drivers, address, use etc, and ones £300 more expensive than the other on renewal.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Has anybody got any companies they've used really recently that have been been civil prices.

Quotes for a boring family wagon (c4 grabd picasso) coming between £690 & £1200 with full ncb and no claims etc.

Any recommendations for multicar policies aswell, mine is up in March and not fancying getting anything decent going by these quotes.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I ended up going through Adrian Flux for my renewal last week. Just received some points and they were still by far the best prices compared to other quotes prior to points. I was on a multicar with Admiral previously, which Flux also do, but they couldnt give a good enough quote for my missus as she has only been driving a couple of years.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
I ended up going through Adrian Flux for my renewal last week. Just received some points and they were still by far the best prices compared to other quotes prior to points. I was on a multicar with Admiral previously, which Flux also do, but they couldnt give a good enough quote for my missus as she has only been driving a couple of years.
Well don't think they are in the running when this is the quote for one.

Screenshot_20240129_193739_Chrome.jpg

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Definitely pays to have a chat with your provider, I was really surprised at how good my renewal quote was - £771 for the Z4, Merc and house. Rang them to run through some checks and down to £705, an increase of about 30 quid. That takes the sting out this months car related bills a little bit.
I definitely recommend looking at Admiral, to put the above into some sort of perspective I got a quote from a local company for the Merc alone and it was about £850, absolute madness.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Just a small increase in my quote this year... just double 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: Mel

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Trying to sort renewal with admiral today, weirdly they are really cheap on some cars on the policy but really expensive on others. Think I’ll try and remove the expensive ones for renewal and then add them back the next day and see what they quote, see if it makes any difference. Surprisingly its mainly an xc90 that they are really expensive on.
Definitely pays to have a chat with your provider, I was really surprised at how good my renewal quote was - £771 for the Z4, Merc and house. Rang them to run through some checks and down to £705, an increase of about 30 quid. That takes the sting out this months car related bills a little bit.
I definitely recommend looking at Admiral, to put the above into some sort of perspective I got a quote from a local company for the Merc alone and it was about £850, absolute madness.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Mine is due in March, have started putting money away to go towards it +o(

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
My insurer has just sent me proof of no claims for 6 years, despite last year being my first for the Passat policy.

Is this bit of paper all that new insurers would use to verify this? Or am I safer just being honest?!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Have they mirrored the bonus from another car of yours? And are you staying with them or moving the Passat?

Some insurers will ask if you earned that on another car or not. I'd probably be careful

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They mirrored my other policy last year, so I expected the NCB to come back stating 1 year this year.

Stuff it, honesty is the best policy! Will stick with 1 year.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
They mirrored my other policy last year, so I expected the NCB to come back stating 1 year this year.

Stuff it, honesty is the best policy! Will stick with 1 year.
Admiral by any chance? Same thing happened to me, and it's correct per their T&Cs.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Horse van renewal email just came in today from Adrian Flux and it's £20 cheaper than last year, down to £267. Inc legal cover, £150 excess. 3k miles. Surprised at that tbh.

A-ron

RMS Regular
Bit of an update on this, got through to axa today and received call backs from them.

Axa cannot explain why the insurance wasn’t auto renewed or why auto renew was removed.

All they can give is a “sorry”, and a new quote around £300 pounds more than the renewal quote, as the renewal quote has expired.

😡
This happened to me a few months ago with Axa, I didn't get a renewal letter/email and only realised a fortnight after it had expired. Called Axa and they couldn't have been more unhelpful, treated me as a new customer after several years of business, removed my customer loyalty bonus, and essentially showed me the door as my policy increased by £680. Fuming.

R1CKY

RMS Regular
This happened to me a few months ago with Axa, I didn't get a renewal letter/email and only realised a fortnight after it had expired. Called Axa and they couldn't have been more unhelpful, treated me as a new customer after several years of business, removed my customer loyalty bonus, and essentially showed me the door as my policy increased by £680. Fuming.
Lucky u didn't end up with £200 and 6 points so take the small win