Cars you never knew existed

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Some sort of Toyota import today .it had the old twin cam 16valve up the side but also Said supercharged which kind of threw me a bit .it was a larger sized car in 2 door . Wish I had of got a photo of it .it was blue over gold

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
ae92_610.jpg

Like that @zafturbo ?

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
That's an off-shoot of the Corolla range, a Trueno. It and the Levin got super-charged versions. Japan only models iirc.

Might have a brochure somewhere lol.

@zafturbo It's exactly as above. An AE92 Corolla coupe. Came in Trueno (pop-up lights) or Levin (normal lights) version. Basically a fwd 1.6 supercharged coupe. A lot of them were robbed of their engine to make a supercharged AE86 twincam coupe so quite rare to see on the roads these days.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I saw one of those AE111 Levin’s the other day on the A8, haven’t seen one of them in a while and a white UK DC2

Gambit

RMS Regular
can thank pistonheads for this and more motorsport orientated. but following on from Group B came Group S but it never seen the light of day after Group B was cancelled. Only 10 road going cars of each required for homologation

Toyota 222D - Mr2 on steroids
MR2_02.jpg

Audi Sport Quattro RS 002
https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2Faudi-rs-002-concept-hero-image.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Lancia ECV - the delta replacement
fotogruppo.jpg

FrankXK8

RMS Regular
Drives
XKR
Watching "Sudden Impact", 1983, one of the Dirty Harry films. This thing popped up, a Saab Sonnett III. Never seen or heard of them before. Cutsey.

1585558379359.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh that's a blast from the past! Both the film and the car :innocent:

Very rare now. They were rare back then too, don't think I've actually seen one in real life.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Some sort of show car?

Edit: Quick Google, a 1988 concept with some mad numbers. And it actually ran.

Mid-mounted biturbo 2.8-litre V6 engine with 670 bhp and 535 lb-ft, six-speed manual gearbox, AWD, four-wheel steering, 1,360 kg weight

Did 217mph round Nardo.

It came at the end of Peugeot's rally years, and just before they switched to sports car racing. So a bit of a prototype for that presumably.

Last edited:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Some sort of show car?

Edit: Quick Google, a 1988 concept with some mad numbers. And it actually ran.

Mid-mounted biturbo 2.8-litre V6 engine with 670 bhp and 535 lb-ft, six-speed manual gearbox, AWD, four-wheel steering, 1,360 kg weight

Did 217mph round Nardo.

It came at the end of Peugeot's rally years, and just before they switched to sports car racing. So a bit of a prototype for that presumably.
Insanely fast for its age :eek: