Cv19 and car prices

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've never seen the like's of BMW or Audi offering 0% deals, with the way they are both selling cars at the minute you have no hope of a deal on 0%.
Mini were offering 0% on Countryman and Clubman minis including JCW models a couple of weeks ago. I'd say BMW will follow suit with some models.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Mini were offering 0% on Countryman and Clubman minis including JCW models a couple of weeks ago. I'd say BMW will follow suit with some models.

If they have enough of a certain model sitting there and they can’t shift them, I’m sure they will offer deals at some stage, personally I’ve just never seen a 0% offer from BMW or Audi. Mini are owned by BM I know, but they are not a BMW.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I had a vague memory of a 0% deal advertised a couple of years ago on the M4 Competition. Quick check of BabyBMW forum confirmed it. Would be worth a punt depending on discount levels if they done it again to run out the current model.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
BMW are doing pretty decent rates on some of their PCP's you can get 1.9% apr on some models and even the M2s and M4s are available at 2.9%.

On the flip side Audi Belfast had some used models and the APR rate on the finance was 14%. Madness
yeah 1.9% on the pre lci 5 series.was offered one and I’m very tempted.I heard about Bavarian calling people,manager told me they want used stock and hope to sell new cars.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Furlough money about to dry up. Furlough ending meaning people start losing their jobs for real and can't get or service credit any more. Subsidies to businesses unable to operate drying up. Tax receipts at an all time low. Borrowing at an all time high. And our dear leaders hell bent on doing their darnedest to make sure we crash out of the EU as hard as possible.

Against that borrowing is cheaper than ever, that is true.

Which way do you want to bet?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Furlough money about to dry up. Furlough ending meaning people start losing their jobs for real and can't get or service credit any more. Subsidies to businesses unable to operate drying up. Tax receipts at an all time low. Borrowing at an all time high. And our dear leaders hell bent on doing their darnedest to make sure we crash out of the EU as hard as possible.

Against that borrowing is cheaper than ever, that is true.

Which way do you want to bet?

assume the position and bring something to bite down on, big lee-roy just slapping the end of it in his hand. It’s going in dry

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
It’s pretty mental ... the used market is daft currently ...

a sign of worse times lie ahead ... perhaps 🤔

I was talking to a mechanic recently he was saying that people were using funds like for their holidays to buy stuff due to not getting away this year ... Crazy that people can’t hold onto it and perhaps save something in case it gets ruff or have even nicer hols next time round when you can holiday again?

it’s very clear that certain people have no idea of saving and just live on credit and that is a frightening place to be in current climate

I would be seriously concerned about what the next few months will bring ... some people are in for a serious wake u call

JT079

RMS Regular
The market will eventually sort itself out, jobs will come albeit from different sectors, new sectors, such as the online, IT, digital services etc. All these potential infrastructure works pushed by the governments may just get us out if they stick to it... let’s build the bridge to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 💪

'96dc2

RMS Regular
The market will eventually sort itself out, jobs will come albeit from different sectors, new sectors, such as the online, IT, digital services etc. All these potential infrastructure works pushed by the governments may just get us out if they stick to it... let’s build the bridge to 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 💪
How long does that all take? 🤣 more realistic is a million extra people sign on.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Well a month has passed and we now have a diet lockdown.

Whats everyone's opinions this month?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
No idea how it’s going to go, but the current inflated prices on some cars at the minute surely can’t continue

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Its strange that some prices are up and some are down/normal. You would've thought the same would be applicable in all cases.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
My da is away to Ford today to look at swapping his eco sport to a new puma. They rang him last week saying the usual sir we can do you a fantastic deal so things must be slowing a bit for new cars anyway.

colin84

RMS Regular
I traded my car into a fairly small dealer last week. He said they only took 2 weeks off over lockdown, and it has been crazy ever since. I noticed that they only put my trade in online on Friday and it's gone already.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
My da is away to Ford today to look at swapping his eco sport to a new puma. They rang him last week saying the usual sir we can do you a fantastic deal so things must be slowing a bit for new cars anyway.
Mate was looking at them in August and couldn't get one, may have been the specific model he was after. While he was looking at other used cars a lot were selling before pics went on website. He wasn't impressed with the attitude of sales teams in a few places, like they didn't need the sale and weren't fussed if bought or not as knew they'd sell. That was 2months ago so things have maybe started to slow up coming into winter.

In saying that a neighbour who works for a main dealer was telling me they'd 30 cars go out last Friday, I think all new too.

JT079

RMS Regular
It may be even busier approaching Christmas? Lovely news, some business sectors must be going strong, such as building and constructions.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I almost changed mine a couple of weeks ago, then I remembered it now sits in the driveway 90% of the time.

I see BMW are offering 2.9% and deposit contributions across the entire range, they don't do that if they have strong sales.

Jecks

RMS Regular
OP
J
There must be ‘spare’ money out there somewhere where car prices / sales are concerned. Hard to make sense from the news with record job losses and every business man telling you he’s about to go bankrupt , in debt up to his eyes etc. Perhaps 6 months from now things will be different but it’s anyone’s guess currently.
I ve been waiting on pulling the plug on a car in the 30-35k price range but instead of them being , what I thought would be 25k by now, they are actually rising little by little.
I keep telling myself hang in there 3-6 months and things MUST change. I’d take the plunge now but guaranteed 6 months from now I’d have lost 6-8k.

Last edited:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Da didn't buy the puma he prefers the ecosport. Says the puma isn't as high seat as the ecosport and it wasn't as quick to drive. He likes the high seat as he can just step down out of it instead of stepping up out of a car.

He did say the dealer was quite pushy with him doing the whole there's only 1 or 2 of these left and the next batch will be more expensive. He didn't like the colour either they were offering him blue with a black roof. I reckon they are trying to offload an undesirable colour left in the lot.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
There must be ‘spare’ money out there somewhere where car prices / sales are concerned. Hard to make sense from the news with record job losses and every business man telling you he’s about to go bankrupt , in debt up to his eyes etc. Perhaps 6 months from now things will be different but it’s anyone’s guess currently.
I ve been waiting on pulling the plug on a car in the 30-35k price range but instead of them being , what I thought would be 25k by now, they are actually rising little by little.
I keep telling myself hang in there 3-6 months and things MUST change. I’d take the plunge now but guaranteed 6 months from now I’d have lost 6-8k.

I know a few business owners, myself included, that have taken the attitude that in 6 months or a years time, everything is likely to come crashing down. Through no fault of our own we could see our businesses fail through absolutely no fault of our own and will more than likely have to spend the time treading water.

So I rolled the dice, if worst comes to worst I will have to sell it and at that point at least I will have had the experience of it before that opportunity is possibly removed and I have to literally start from scratch again.

If it happens there will be lots of people that throw bad money into businesses trying to keep them afloat to inevitably end up at the same outcome having plowed through their finances fighting it.

Hard to know and things are ticking along well atm. I'm also of the opinion life is too short, you really never know if you are guaranteed tomorrow so within reason enjoy yourself!

Jason

RMS Regular
Sales are still busy, not as mental as a couple of months ago but def busier than normal. Prices still strong.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
We where going to change my mrs mini this year, but now we’re thinking of selling it now and taking advantage of the strong prices and holding off until the new year before buying something else, it’s hard to know what to do though.