F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Quali in Monaco is epic, the speed they carry round there is surreal and the precision to carry it off is off the charts!

The "race" - not so much 😂

scub

Banned
Quali in Monaco is epic, the speed they carry round there is surreal and the precision to carry it off is off the charts!

The "race" - not so much 😂
yes watched vettel in practice there & he looked like he was totally flat to the mat & then they said he was only getting warmed up. some balls all of them!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They haven't turned up the engines yet, would be surprised if they didn't top that time this year.

Actually Verstappen was going well for a while, split the Mercedes.

scub

Banned
that ferrari team are a feckin shambles this year.
why was leclerc not sent out again.
knocked out by his team mate & gp effectively over!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was a proper shambles from Ferrari! And again it's Leclerc at the loosing end of their ineptitude. He'll be lucky to make it into the points. And Vettel not able to do anything either in quali.

Really good effort by Max again, he's a completely different driver this year. Very very impressive. They just don't have the car to touch Mercedes but they can show Ferrari how it's done.

Bottas must have thought he had done enough, I did at least - that first "banker" was stunning, absolutely perfect.

Then Lewis goes and find something else, lol. All over the place, he was pushing that hard, arguably well over the limit. Yet somehow pulled it off. Only Lewis can produce laps like that, nobody else can. Just incredible.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And a race where the only "excitement" was a wee bump in the pit lane during a safety car 😇 Bad luck for Bottas.

Leclerk did well at the back for a while but it was always going to be odds on it ending in tears at that track. At least he tried I guess.

Lewis did well at the front, but says a lot about the "race" when you can hold on to the lead without tyres, lol. Like Daniel last year when he won without an engine :joy:

Ah well, Canada should be good.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Monaco needs to go but there must be so much money involved it won't happen any time soon.

Felt for Max to be honest.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Screenshot_20190526-210135.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Current generation of cars don’t help round the streets of Monaco. They are so wide and heavy it makes getting a move done cleanly a rarity unless you have a serious pace advantage. Add in to the mix not many wanting to push too hard to conserve tyres and its onto a loser right away.

Monaco is only really worth watching when the weather is changeable.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Wasn't the worst Monaco GP tbh, Max all over Lewis, the threat of rain the whole race and Hamiltons tyres were about to explode any second kept it fairly interesting…. for Monaco anyways. I thought Max was fortunate to get away with a 5 second penalty for the unsafe release plus hitting Bottas and giving him a puncture, ruined both their races in the end. Sainz had a great race so did the Torro Rosso boys. Ferrari will take a 2nd place, some luck involved and they know it. Charles was too aggressive trying to get through the field and coming back to the pits with his tyre in bits at that speed was all his own fault that started with the team screwing up his qualifying, a home race to forget for him. Helmut Marko is such a mouthpiece, saying Hamilton should have been punished for “turning into” Verstappen but he wasn’t punished because he “wore a red cap”. What a disrespectful toolbag.

Canada next, Ferrari know they need to win this race, on paper it should be one of their best tracks. Looking forward to it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Helmut Marko is such a mouthpiece, saying Hamilton should have been punished for “turning into” Verstappen but he wasn’t punished because he “wore a red cap”.

Max was saying something similar - hilarious considering that was very mild and nowhere near the blocking antics Max gets up to himself all the time 😂 😂 😂

Honestly, I was just starting to like him again this season as he's been performing on a whole new level so far, and then that comment :innocent:

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Well, that's it for me.
I gather the silver car won again, as was inevitable it would seem.
I realised while I was watching the "highlights" on C4 online, many hours later, that I had become completely absorbed in sorting out 2013 bank lodgement receipts and missed the second half of the race entirely.
That was the first one this year I'd even watched, too. Was that Race 5, or Race 6?
In contrast I watched highlights of BTCC the evening before and was glued the whole way through.
I mused it over later and it would seem that F1 is dead to me. I'm done with it. I wont blame LH or Mercedes for that, much as I'd like to!, but the whole package, tracks, current regulations, broadcasting options... It feels just like football did ten years ago when I realised I didn't give one fig about that any more either. The prospect of not following or watching any F1 at all, ever again, at all, doesn't bother me. Which is, or should be, sad - but I'm not sad. F1 should be sad. It was said a few posts up that viewers must be leaving in droves... well, I haven't got a drove, but I am still going to drove off and forget the sport I was once affixed too.
Goodbye F1! Worringly (for you), I won't miss you!

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Lots of rumors going around about Vettel retiring at the end of this year. That would be a huge shake up on the grid. I wouldn't blame him given his current circumstances, if you told me in 2013 that Hamilton would have 5 championships before Vettel I wouldn't have believed you.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Was mega in the Red Bull but his heart just doesn't seem to be in it. Martin Brundle done a feature lately with him and his eyes lit up talking about restoring old motorbikes.

Wonder How Charles and Max will get on as team mates.........

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, that would be something 😂

Can't see Max going anywhere. RB going better than Ferrari at the moment in many ways. More likely to see Charles go somewhere else in due course...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.