F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh, didn't realise it had been re-scheduled this time rather than cancelled. Something to look forward too at the end of the season instead of just the middle east snore fests!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Oh, didn't realise it had been re-scheduled this time rather than cancelled. Something to look forward too at the end of the season instead of just the middle east snore fests!

They're hoping it will be the season decider I believe. Also spring in Melbourne can be unpredictable weather wise so that with the track tweaks it will hopefully be a very interesting race.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Grosjean won't take part in the 4 oval races, only the 11 street/circuit races in Indy car. Was offered a full 4 year, full season race deal before his firey crash but has decided to skip the oval races for least year 1. Likely just do a test on the short oval .
Interesting watch 👇

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, only a matter of time before he gets thrown out 😅 Can't help himself, it's how those Russian boys are brought up. He just can't fathom why he's doing anything wrong 😅

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, that's nothing to do with him. Can't see it making any difference either.

It's just more fallout from the Russian doping thing.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yes, that's nothing to do with him. Can't see it making any difference either.

It's just more fallout from the Russian doping thing.

100% on that and I doubt it will matter but you'd be gutted if you were to get onto the podium and they couldn't show your national flag.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Raises more questions than it answers.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's had short contracts for a while has he not?

Makes total sense for all parties given so much change in 2022.

Will Mercedes still be there given everything else going on in the world right now. Or at least what their commitment might look like.

What about Toto?

Same for Lewis. Is he committed for another five years or so, competing at the level he has? That's a big commitment, a huge personal investment.

Or is he looking at exploring other things in retirement? Going out on a high as it were. He already owns and runs race teams elsewhere. Or maybe take on a different leadership role at Mercedes? Do a Niki Lauda as it were?

Who knows, lol 🙂

For now another year makes total sense. Then see how things pan out.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think Lewis was looking for 4yrs, so if true then he didnt get what he wanted it seems.

but sure if you dont ask.....

Robert

RMS Trader
I couldn’t see him taking a leadership role anywhere anytime soon while he is still fit to get the most from the car himself, wouldn’t remind me of a sidelines type of person, at least not until he is past it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
His Extreme E team might fill that void for a while plus he has said previous that once he’s done racing he’s out of the paddock altogether.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.