RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Little bit of weight saving over the weekend :grinning:

Kill All Wipers rear wiper delete...

7B2F7BF3-74FA-40AE-9027-0FF0824B2764.jpeg

Booked in with @big_pete at the end of this week also! Front bumper currently has EXO applied and the difference in water behaviour on the bumper compared to the other panels is crazy - as I’ve mentioned 100 times before, the previous owner was meticulous and has different waxed applied to each panel as he liked to test various products. None of the panels compare when it comes to water behaviour and ease of cleaning as the front bumper.

Last edited:

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Beautiful car Eddie, look forward to replacing the Clio with this one when you get bored :p

Haha thank you! Intend to hold onto this one for a few years but I’ll give you a shout lol!

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Lovely choice, how have you found the Bilstein's so far?

I'm a major fan boy!

Thanks Neil.

They have only been put on yesterday but I really like them. No firmer than the Cup suspension they have replaced.
I had the B14 on my 265 Cup and thought they where a brilliant upgrade - I had that car on track a few times and thought they where a perfect compromise for road use with the occasional track day. Can also pair up some adjustable top mounts down the line should I chose.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ask @Phil_D, he's run the alpha without front plate for a good while. Rolling the dice really. I suppose you could keep it in the car and claim it fell off, lol, but that would only work once :innocent:

It's just a number plate, everyone needs one, just keep it on.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Ask @Phil_D, he's run the alpha without front plate for a good while. Rolling the dice really. I suppose you could keep it in the car and claim it fell off, lol, but that would only work once :innocent:

It's just a number plate, everyone needs one, just keep it on.

Phil got away with it for a good while! I’ve only taken it off as I have a smaller sized one on the way (wasn’t a big fan of the gel plates with the border etc anyhow :grinning: ).

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Although I was always confident the car was in great shape paint wise I had to get it booked in with @big_pete and the guys at PMG.

The previous owner had told me he planned on some light machine polishing at some stage in the Spring if he had held on to the car. He had also costed the from bumper in Gtechniq Exo with the rest of the panels having various waxes applied - water behaviour of the front bumper compared to the rest of the car was night and day so we went with a coating also :grinning:

Very very very happy with the results. Flame red just looks brilliant under the lights! (Plenty more photos and a walkaround video on PMG’s Facebook page)

255970A0-EB90-4BAB-BD99-6F1EF79693BD.jpeg

I also decided to throw my name in the hat for Dubshed X. Considering this year they where taking entries from non-VAG I thought I was in with a pretty good shot of an indoor space. Got an e-mail yesterday to say I wasn’t successful - disappointed as it would have been good to show off the car at an indoor event.

Does anyone know what they are looking for when it comes to selecting cars for the indoor spots? I know there are only so many from each marque which are chosen, I would love to see the other Renaults which have been picked :grinning:. Hopefully a V6, Turbo 2, Williams, R26r or something along those lines was chosen!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I also decided to throw my name in the hat for Dubshed X. Considering this year they where taking entries from non-VAG I thought I was in with a pretty good shot of an indoor space. Got an e-mail yesterday to say I wasn’t successful - disappointed as it would have been good to show off the car at an indoor event.

Does anyone know what they are looking for when it comes to selecting cars for the indoor spots? I know there are only so many from each marque which are chosen, I would love to see the other Renaults which have been picked :grinning:. Hopefully a V6, Turbo 2, Williams, R26r or something along those lines was chosen!

seriously? your motor didn't get on the indoors non VAG stuff lol??

they must have some pretty mental cars coming then.... (or mates)