GOLF G60

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
My old next door neighbour had a red mk1 gti and it looked great. I think that you’ve made a good decision of painting the majority of it orange.
I hope that your daughter is ok and makes a speedy recovery.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It's hard to believe you don't have atleast 6 other golf's lieing about there to take stuff off 😝 you've changed lol

Sorry to hear about ur daughter tufty and fingers crossed for the future

The thing is I did have 3 which all sold a few months back to be honest I could be doing with one of them now lol.

Thanks for your kind words in regards to my Daughter

@KevM & @pablo I actually really do like that now I just need to find the will power to change from Orange to Grey there is still the option of carbon 1/4 panels as well.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Im guessing you cant just skin the existing 1/4s as they wouldnt line up right then?

This maybe something @Con might be able todo but id rather get a mold and make proper carbon ones.

@Lyons that`s not an option while it might look well id rather skin them using proper carbon.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
@KevM & @pablo I actually really do like that now I just need to find the will power to change from Orange to Grey there is still the option of carbon 1/4 panels as well.
That scheme is great. But you could do it the other way around as well, orange base with black stripes/details, and the carbon showing through the stripes. Then make the interior black with orange roll cage.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Im guessing you cant just skin the existing 1/4s as they wouldnt line up right then?

You could skin the OEM ones but it would be three times more labour, then the delamination due to elements and temp cycles would not make it last and after a few years will need redone. Not to mention the added weight

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Maybe this??

671FA852-F856-485A-BEBB-D832E5DB24FE.jpeg
C26F02D2-3DD6-43DE-808F-B7A5663AB8FC.jpeg
8FCA8E7E-5A3B-4BDC-BC2C-44E0D71301C4.jpeg
C092CA08-71CA-49F7-91DA-DF18AF61A6EE.jpeg

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
I would disagree slightly as the weave is a work of art so needs to be seen.
Painted parts yes...but needs more than a stripe on the side.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Well thankfully after 14 years 2022 is the year for mine its been on that back burner for to long and all the parts are landing thick and fast which is surprising me I just need to nail down @56oval and my good friend Ruairi as he is a master of wiring and fabrication.

Im kinda hoping that @natogreen16v will have his polo done at some point.

MarkM

RMS Regular
**** mate, really horrible to hear of your daughters problem, 😢 hopefully working on the car will give you both some focus away from the obvious, fingers crossed she gets through this :worried: