Hello new German scrap

carson555

RMS Regular
@gav525 only the useless dealer who has had it apart 6 times.
Maybe the service manager can stop lurking on rms and come on and give an explanation.
Sounds like a nightmare Jim. A real hassle with leaving it in so many times and still not left right or safe.

Seems to be the norm nowadays, people trying to outdo one another, ignorance and declining customer service.

Perhaps best to move on from the dealership and escalate with BMW-UK? Ample opportunities afforded to them and still not resolved, never mind the damage caused.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would be asking for a meeting with the Dealer Principal to discuss your issues which seem to have been total incompetence. A firm and CALM discussion I imagine will move matters on massively as they can’t afford to have bad feedback to BMW.
Failing that contact BMW Uk and agree with them to correspond with JKC for them to sort out the mess for you as I wouldn’t have a lot of faith in your other dealer sorting it out unless the Dealer Principal takes over your case.

Have heard bad things about after sales service in that other dealer and personally have received abysmal attention on 3 occasions from their sales department. On that basis I have always stuck to JKC or Bavarian.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@carson555 spoke to bmw customer service there now and have opened a case with them. The extended warranty won’t cover it and the manufacturer warranty has lapsed. It may be covered under good will but it may not.
@davyk31 i won’t be ringing them I will let bmw uk deal with it. Although I don’t hold out much hope of it being sorted. It will probably end up costing me due to their incompetence. Im already out the price of hanging the wheel fixed they damaged. So may end up having to suck it up and pay for it myself. I have spoke to a member of staff and they confirmed the guy I dealt with has had numerous complaints for his attitude and his treatment of customers. So I’m certainly not alone.

eamon343

RMS Regular
@carson555 spoke to bmw customer service there now and have opened a case with them. The extended warranty won’t cover it and the manufacturer warranty has lapsed. It may be covered under good will but it may not.
@davyk31 i won’t be ringing them I will let bmw uk deal with it. Although I don’t hold out much hope of it being sorted. It will probably end up costing me due to their incompetence. Im already out the price of hanging the wheel fixed they damaged. So may end up having to suck it up and pay for it myself. I have spoke to a member of staff and they confirmed the guy I dealt with has had numerous complaints for his attitude and his treatment of customers. So I’m certainly not alone.

If the issue was first raised when it was under manufacture warranty, but not fixed, then surely it is still covered under manufacturer warranty until it is 100% sorted?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@eamon343 you would think that but not according to bmw uk. I did ring a dealer and asked them and they said it would probably be covered under good will as it’s a safety issue. That’s down to bmw uk to decide. If I had known that I would have had it booked in to a different dealer.
@TheDaniel I will see what they say first. I doubt the service manager will show his face. Seems he likes to lurk in the shadows.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
My mate works in said bmw garage, he reckons you said none of that, and walked away with your tail between your legs..
Does he really???

You can bet your house on Jim being a man of his word.

And I’ll bet he’ll have a suitable response to that.

Interesting that the service manager who is busy sharing screenshots and taking that up with Jim is no doubt lurking and hasn’t commented.

Either way, customers car has been back several times and each time they don’t fix it.

Would you be happy?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
They didn’t like that message from me.
DCFEEA48-3566-4BD7-8A24-9509B4ED16D8.jpeg
DCFEEA48-3566-4BD7-8A24-9509B4ED16D8.jpeg

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@cupraricky it should read take your money then break and damage the car. All in a customer nonfriendly toxic atmosphere.
@Big Pimp the Andy lad is basing this on what his mates brothers second cousin heard at dunsilly roundabout. The fact he used the word “reckons” says it all. I doubt Andy the Walter Mitty has a “mate” that works there. If he did he would be basing it on facts.

kennymcg

RMS Regular
What way is the bet now? In or out? Fixed or not? The wheel, is there a chance it wasn’t them? It’s all becoming very confusing.. 🤷‍♂️

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Take this to local media.

Seatbelt failing to retract is an MOT failure for good reason.

If BMW UK Customer relations aren't helping, then I can only see local media helping you find a resolution. No dealership likes bad press.

As for your wheels, I take pics of my car when going in for anything now after I had a similar thing. Your car goes into main dealers to be treated and maintained well by trained techs, not a bunch of chimps.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

I have tried washing it with soap and water. I have read that furniture polish and silicone spray do the trick. I ended up trying the furniture polish and it did wonders. It retracts now like if it were new.