Honda S2000 2006

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Any recommendations for lowering springs on these? Had wanted Eibach as I’ve had a few sets before but tein seem to be half the price. It’s never going to be near a track and even if I supercharged down the line I think the springs would be enough

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
Eibach springs get good reviews on s2k forum, also swift springs but run lower and cost more. Last thing you want is putting in cheap springs and the car turn into a hard crashy drive banging the bump stops every dip.

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
Any recommendations for lowering springs on these? Had wanted Eibach as I’ve had a few sets before but tein seem to be half the price. It’s never going to be near a track and even if I supercharged down the line I think the springs would be enough

Your version of the S (06/07) has the softest springs fitted, can understand your quest. The Swift springs are very popular in the States. Drove an S on the Spoon progressive springs. Felt predictable and planted without being crashy. Was only a 15 min spin up a hill or two but left a good impression

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yeah have been reading up on them, the swift springs seem to be very good in the us market anyway. Not sure what way to go, it is just going to be something that will be used once in a while

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Just went for the eibachs, hopefully be enough for all I need
5604F818-B463-4E93-A2B3-26A6AC7BE15A.jpeg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Is there no way to isolate the filter with heart shields to eliminate the soak though?

I see a lot of E36 owners doing it with supposed success. I'm happy with mine how it is, but I imagine a box of some sort where the air flow is forced around the cone would be ok?

I had a "Dave F" kit on my E36 M3, very popular in the forum's at the time, f***ing lampshade sized filter with a heat shield that fully enveloped the cone and a rubber seal around the top, zero heat soak (y) could beat on it hard and it would be stone cold 👌 Reportedly made 20hp gains over the standard airbox on various dyno's.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Been out for a few spirited drives and I haven’t really noticed any problems with heat soak, yet anyway

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Out for a blast this morning, ended up somewhere outside castlewellan lol. Can’t believe I was thinking of selling this, so much fun on dry twisty roads.
5CB4E5F2-4982-404B-BD68-791DACC8FDA2.jpeg

Also when I bought it had a full service history but no paperwork, managed to chase down the second owner’s history and get the paperwork as it was all done in one place. First owner though had it all done at Honda in Scotland, I rang Honda and they can confirm all the services have been carried out on their system but won’t give me the paperwork, any way around this? I just want copies of the paperwork for the work they have already done.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I'm assuming it's probably something to do with GDPR? Maybe it you managed to track down the first owner and get them to ask.
Yeah I think that’s what it is. I’m happy enough that it’s on hondas system as being done, would just like the paperwork too

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
“Out for a blast this morning, ended up somewhere outside castlewellan lol. Can’t believe I was thinking of selling this, so much fun on dry twisty roads”

Glad you’ve “found” your S, what its about and where it excells most. While there are quicker cars esp in a straight line, the S is fantastic fun through the twisty stuff, wet or dry. Enjoy her more.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Definitely is great fun on the right type of roads, feels a bit gutless on the straights when even a 330d could pull out and go past lol.
Looked into a rotrex supercharger but I think a lot more power would spoil it. Easy on fuel too even when your hammering

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
With you on that, considered sc or turbo but it would spoil the car.

I went down the route of small mods for weight loss. Like jdm 16s, 2 piece floating disks. Definitely felt a bit quicker spinning up. Berk high flow cat and an aem I noticed a bit.

The awl s is made for the mournes that’s for sure. I don’t think a 330d wud pull past me when in vtec!

Definitely is great fun on the right type of roads, feels a bit gutless on the straights when even a 330d could pull out and go past lol.
Looked into a rotrex supercharger but I think a lot more power would spoil it. Easy on fuel too even when your hammering

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
With you on that, considered sc or turbo but it would spoil the car.

I went down the route of small mods for weight loss. Like jdm 16s, 2 piece floating disks. Definitely felt a bit quicker spinning up. Berk high flow cat and an aem I noticed a bit.

The awl s is made for the mournes that’s for sure. I don’t think a 330d wud pull past me when in vtec!
Think I’m just going to leave it as it is for now, but I think the plan will be to get it in the best possible condition I can going forward.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Best place for wheel spacers? Just after 15mm all round

trev 1515

RMS Regular
OP
trev 1515
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I always stuck with eibach as a brand mate. Is tegiwa still the go to place for jap stuff?
Yeah I was on tegiwa there, just had a quick look but they only seem to list fronts
looks a lovely car trev , just bought a lovely 1 owner 50k mile one myself . enjoying it more every day im in it .
Great! They really are great fun to drive