Lease deals thread

mmc01

RMS Regular
So few cars I am looking at might be a fair wait to get a factory fresh one......

Wondering if I should join the INTERNET and lease a Golf R for a while. Can I get a 6 month lease??

I signed up to a six month lease on one only to be told I couldn't have it then on the spot and it'd be a 4 month wait. I sulked like a big massive child and now I have no car at all.

Simon83

RMS Regular
Did anyone end up leasing a A4 1.4 TSFI that were cheap 4-5 months ago? I am wondering how they are finding the engine.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How does it compare to say a 2litre diesel? I am gonna call tomorrow about a A4 advant with the 1.4 petrol

I'd changed to this after a 140 TDI A3 and actually had a B8 A4 2.0 TDi as a courtesy car for 3/4 weeks before getting this. It's a little bit quicker, less torque, much quieter and probably 10mpg less. It's absolutely grand for beating to work in and up and down the motorway. You would have no idea it was a 1.4 tbh. The newer a4 is far better than the old one.

Simon83

RMS Regular
That's good to hear, we currently have a 140 TDI Jetta and was worried the 1.4 would let rest of the car down.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Any good Alteca deals?

Don't suppose your Mrs or a relation works in the NHS? 10k P.A
Screenshot_20160928-202604.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
115PS same as the 1.6 TDi. Are they tiguan sized? The diesel is £266, same deposit.

I haven't looked into them at all, just remember getting this email this morning from the Mrs.

The 1.6tdi was dire in a Golf, so wouldn't like to rely on it hauling an SUV around.