Lease deals thread

lee2050

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
my build date was 18th July - I got it 8th Sept.

That is ages! Boooooo!

What way does it work if I am on holiday when the car arrives into Agnews? Does the lease start 2 weeks later on the day that I collect it or the day of delivery?

lee2050

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
That's a relief and may actually suit better so that I dont get the car for a day then pay for 2 weeks of not using straight away. I must say, Agnews have been excellent so far.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Might be worth seeing what the excess mileage fine is. Mine is 6p plus vat which would work out at an extra £360 a year or £30 a month.

I don't like their big deposits though, would much rather 3 months down and a larger monthly payment than £2400 and £96.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Yep

Capture.JPG

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Jeepers. I was just looking at Mk6's today for her but that works out at £4600 so would be very tempted!

She does near 15k a year though, is there any way to find out how the excess mileage policy works without asking? I always think it would be suspicious if I ask about doing 15k as it would clearly look like I'm getting the deal with less miles just to save £.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Big deposit looks worse on paper but it all works out the same at the end of the 2 years...0% interest credit card for the deposit if you didn't have it sitting there and pay if off £100 a month

That GTI deal is unbelievable...they will be gone by tomorrow id say.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Jeepers. I was just looking at Mk6's today for her but that works out at £4600 so would be very tempted!

She does near 15k a year though, is there any way to find out how the excess mileage policy works without asking? I always think it would be suspicious if I ask about doing 15k as it would clearly look like I'm getting the deal with less miles just to save £.

Well that went down like a fart in a spacesuit when I suggested it. "You've nothing to show for it after the 2 years".

facepalm.gif

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lol you need to sit her in front of the spreadsheet.

But yes for many the concept is alien, despite the maths.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I was the same as her for a long time, but depending on the car there is a magic number that makes it "work" for me if the total cost comes in at it or less.