Lease deals thread

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
That car was supposed to be for me but I ended up cancelling & going for the Cupra Ateca, the Leon just didn’t work with 3 kids in the back.

It’s a cracking looking motor, the deal I had on offer was over 24 months, 6 down 10k PA for £279 iirc.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
Has anyone any experience of driving an 'English' lease car over the border. I'm in the process of leasing from ARVAL and I have found out they state 'Administration Fee to consider your request for Our consent to use the Vehicle outside of the UK: £18' in their paperwork. Not that bothered but I don't want to find myself in somewhere like Castlerock and fancy a trip over to Donegal but not have made arrangements in advance.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
You sort it in advance with the lease company and it’s valid for a year or the duration of the lease. They send you a certificate. I had to do it with my Golf R lease with ALD

pablo

RMS Moderator
whats the worst that will happen if you dont tell them? As long as insurance still valid then not sure why they really care

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'd imagine in the case of an accident whilst across the border is where the issue would be.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
why? unless the insurance company care (why would they?)

Its their car and if you use it outside their specific permissions they could say its technically stolen. Your insurance will be null and void at that point. It is just a money making scam though.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Have never entertained a lease / PCP deal before so new to the whole thing. Is there any starting points / websites to look for good deals or is it a case of looking at each dealer website and looking for offers there?

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I was on the websites and got a few deals and ended up going round the dealers and got a deal with them very close to what i was getting online.

I sort of knew what car i wanted and the spec so that made it easier.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Pistons heads has a long running lease deals thread that is good. What Car leasing is a good site to compare dealers lease deals. Also another think it’s contract hire and leasing or something like that compares a lot of deals.

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
Have never entertained a lease / PCP deal before so new to the whole thing. Is there any starting points / websites to look for good deals or is it a case of looking at each dealer website and looking for offers there?

Give Paddy at Carmercial leasing a shout or check the website it explains all the different ways of financing the car, Lease, PCP etc. He can source most cars for you too and regularly has deals on with great offers.

Screenshot_20200814-212704_Chrome.jpg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Other half has just applied for a Leon FR Black Edition. Hoping for August delivery her current PCP is due the final payment in September. £223 per month on a 1x35 deal, 8,000 p/a.

Pretty good deal I thought, she has been keen on the Leon for a while.

We picked this up at the weekend. Actually came out a few pounds per month less than the £223 I initially had though.

Lovely car and super service from Nationwide - I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone for leasing. Such a smooth process and on time delivery.

EBF6F27D-7FA5-419E-99B2-88746BBF807F.jpeg

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
We picked this up at the weekend. Actually came out a few pounds per month less than the £223 I initially had though.

Lovely car and super service from Nationwide - I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone for leasing. Such a smooth process and on time delivery.

View attachment 291649
Great motor my missus loves hers.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone any rough estimates on early termination charge for VWFS? Would only be about 6 months worth - man maths in operation.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Anyone any rough estimates on early termination charge for VWFS? Would only be about 6 months worth - man maths in operation.
My dad basically had to pay half remaining months back, it was roughly about 6 months. They were VERY fair on charges to repair bodywork too. No chance you'd get it fixed for what he had to pay, I was impressed.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
My dad basically had to pay half remaining months back, it was roughly about 6 months. They were VERY fair on charges to repair bodywork too. No chance you'd get it fixed for what he had to pay, I was impressed.

Would be 6 months here too. She's thinking about one of those Audi Etrons which currently has November delivery and seems fantastic value. Current lease runs to May next year but would hate to 'waste' that money even if it's only a few hundred quid. Might just take the VW myself and stick my car on sorn into storage, would actually save a few quid in the long run. Downside would be I'd have to drive a Tiguan for 6 months. First world problems eh.

And yeah VWFS are great, I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Is the Etron also with VWFS. if it is they normally let you swap out early if you are taking a new car with them.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
My lease is coming to and end and started to enquire about PCH deals for a similar car as the Superb suits us perfectly. The dealer couldn't come in any where near what we are are currently paying and floated the idea of buying the car that we have. I hadnt heard of this before and rang VWFS and via BCP and to my surprise I have been quoted a very good price to buy it outright.

neil-c

RMS Regular
A friend just took delivery of an e-tron which she got through the NHS car leasing deal. It was a cracking deal on it and considering that she'll get free charging at work and the lease included insurance it works out very cheap. The only issue is that there are limited charging points at the hospital and loads of people now have electric cars, especially consultants looking to lower their pension contributions. She'll be ok though because she's into work for 7am as a nurse so shell get the charging points before the consultants come in - they were all exchanging phone numbers the other day so they can get in contact with each other to swap over charging etc. It could end up a bit of a pain in that respect.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah this is also through NHS and the Mrs is a consultant so it works out at a good deal. Not sure if NHS are middlemen for VWFS or not?

No issue charging at home here or even at my work as we commute together. Plus it's like 6 miles a day we do. Assuming of course I actually get back to the office.

My lease is coming to and end and started to enquire about PCH deals for a similar car as the Superb suits us perfectly. The dealer couldn't come in any where near what we are are currently paying and floated the idea of buying the car that we have. I hadnt heard of this before and rang VWFS and via BCP and to my surprise I have been quoted a very good price to buy it outright.

There's a website you can go to to get the figure. When I was handing the A4 back it was on par with prices of ones on forecourts. I was kind of hoping for auction pricing to be honest.

neil-c

RMS Regular
I don't think it's through VWFS - there is a number that you can ring to speak to the company that's running the deal. There was chat on another thread, or maybe this one, that the etron lease that they were running was going to be pulled because it was losing the company money. Someone was saying that the first 20 NHS cars would be delivered but that the others may be canceled. It could be wrong though if they're still advertising the deal, or maybe theyve upped the costs a tad?

Nice cars though - the acceleration doesn't feel as rapid as the Jag e pace but from 50-75 it feels like a properly quick car. It's a decent size as well and a big boot.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah this is also through NHS and the Mrs is a consultant so it works out at a good deal. Not sure if NHS are middlemen for VWFS or not?

No issue charging at home here or even at my work as we commute together. Plus it's like 6 miles a day we do. Assuming of course I actually get back to the office.

There's a website you can go to to get the figure. When I was handing the A4 back it was on par with prices of ones on forecourts. I was kind of hoping for auction pricing to be honest.

The quote I got was auction like prices, below trade book.