Lotus Princess II

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honda coughed into life today, yay :laughing: Will get the video up later in the week, unless @AIRFORCE1 beats me to it :grinning: Wiring looks a bit precarious, but Jonny assures me it will not burst into flames. Yet :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
VrooomVrooomVAAAAVAAAAVAAAA :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

First test drive yesterday. It works, nothing went up in flames, nothing went bang, most bits failed to fall off - happy happy happy days :cool:

And by Jove does it go, lol :grinning: @AIRFORCE1 is now a complete Lotus convert, no more stupid EVOs, just proper cars from now on :innocent:

More details later :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
No worries Pete, the poor thing is covered in oily fingerprints, your services will no doubt be called upon :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A few bits and bobs to polish off, MoT/Tax, then some shake-down and bedding in on the road before heading for the track. Not long now :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Right, finally a few moments for a proper update on the week's progress.

First sorting out this mess. After all, how hard could it be, and what could possibly go wrong :innocent:
wiring.JPG

By Tuesday enough of that nest of spaghetti had been cobbled together to connect the lightning rod and awaken Frankenstein:

http://www.nicholasimages.co.uk/bulk/15-03-14/Lotus3_Alive.mp4

When I stopped by on Friday, the clothes were back on again. Almost looking like a car again :grinning: Plus I got to make a brilliant contribution of my own, I am a genius after all :innocent:
P1040405.JPG

P1040410.JPG

P1040413.JPG

Lord only knows what all this does, but it looks very pretty :grinning:
P1040415.JPG

And, well, since everything was bolted back together, it would have been rude not to go for a little spin test drive yesterday evening. Oh my oh my oh my :laughing:

A few bits and bobs left to finish off, then MoT and tax, and finally a bit of shakedown on the road. Scotland or Galway, all these choices :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good work boys !

Well done, great turn around!!

In fairness, @AIRFORCE1 and @Nigel AI 600 have done most of it, but I suppose that was obvious by the fact it all seems to work, and has so far failed to blow up in a great ball of fire :innocent: I have made substantial contributions though through many helpful suggestions, and general encouragement, always so welcome in these circumstances :p

I actually think Jonny has enjoyed this, though he would never in his lifetime admit as much :innocent:

Last edited:

Nigel AI 600

RMS Regular
Drives
EVO VII
Oh without a doubt the testing was the fun part, just a gentle we run up the coast nearly made all that headache worth it in the end ;-)

I second what Jonny says that car isn't aloud out of his sight nick until there's a Jackson hanging on it will be the complete package then :grinning:

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Get it done Sven, everyone can't be wrong :p. looks an amazing package will hopefully have the Corsa at a few track days this year so will get a good look at and hopefully blah a passenger run :grinning:.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Excellent, be good to see you out on a proper race track, not just doing circles around cones :grinning:

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Kitkistown was like my second home around 10 years ago, I done most track days on the go, and the odd sprint thrown in for good measure. Missed the place, taking this year away from any form of competition and iron out any bugs that's still in it.