New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
From 1 October 2014 (5 October if setting up at a Post Office®), Direct Debit will be offered as an additional way to pay for vehicle tax. This will be available for customers who need to tax their vehicle from 1 November 2014:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
OK so technically it is from 1st October but realistically it's if your tax expires at the end of October! Close enough!

Mine is up in December, will be nice not having to fork out in one lump sum just before Xmas :grinning:

brendy

RMS Regular
Mine is up now though off the road for a couple of repairs/enhancements due to MOT. Last time I over ran, I simply called them and they took 7 months tax, will this still be the case, anyone tried yet?

Gambit

RMS Regular
*sigh* paperwork arrived at dvla on 1st Aug, sent recorded delivery, rang on 20th as hadnt heard anything, got letter today saying thanks for your call but seemingly the application & documentation has been lost :worried: now have a v62 to fill in and send back
finally the new v5 has arrived with its new/old GB reg applied to the car. strangely though the new v5 has no details of previous NI reg or number of previous owners. so its regd to me since 1989. just need mot cert to arrive but no big deal as it shows up as motd and taxed

j44nty

RMS Regular
My tax is out next weekend. I went through the web and codes not being correct. Rang them and error codes again. They said to go to my local post office. Post office scanned the v5 barcode and said yeah your details have been lost in transit and i should ring swansea again. Called again and they said they will ring me back at the start of the week and put me on the emergency list. This happen to anyone else.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
If anyone wants to let them know of their experience , I got a "customer satisfaction" survey to fill out for anything relating to the DVA.
I was randomly selected at my last MOT , but its annomous so it would be just to air your greviences !

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If anyone wants to let them know of their experience , I got a "customer satisfaction" survey to fill out for anything relating to the DVA.
I was randomly selected at my last MOT , but its annomous so it would be just to air your greviences !

DVA or DVLA ?

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Just taxed the m3 online this morning. Really easy and hassle free, just had to enter the code from the renewal letter and card details. Really handy that you can do it 24/7 too.

Mark s

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra 2.5 Twin T
Tried to tax mine today online but coming up showing no insurance or MOT.. Anybody else having this trouble?

Dan

RMS Regular
Wonder if anybody could help me here. Ive just received my V5 for my latest car following an arse about bythe DVLA getting my friends cherished plate removed. My tax is up next week as is my MOT. I havent received any renewal letters. Can I still tax and MOT without these somewhere?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I sent both cert and disc off two weeks ago and got all sorted, but they returned a VOSA sheet style MOT with the new reg on it and no disc. I presume the need to display them on the window will soon be disappearing.
did you send insurance for both cars aswell?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
how do you tax if youve no v5(sent away over a week ago) and no letter as its not in my name yet

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
how do you tax if youve no v5(sent away over a week ago) and no letter as its not in my name yet

I'd like to know this too. The car was bought on the mainland the week before last and was sorn'd. All I have is the green new keeper slip from the tax book. I was hoping to get it taxed and on the road for the start of October (next Wednesday)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
What's the craic with receiving a refund on a car you sold with a balance of tax left on it?

I sold my A5 this time last month with 10 months left on the tax disc but haven't received any refund yet.

Thought it happened automatically?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I'd like to know this too. The car was bought on the mainland the week before last and was sorn'd. All I have is the green new keeper slip from the tax book. I was hoping to get it taxed and on the road for the start of October (next Wednesday)
i got my v5 yesterday. took just under 2 weeks.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Id have thought because the car had the tax on it when you sold it (prior to Oct 1st) then the new keeper keeps the tax.

I thought October 1st was just the date that discs don't have to be displayed after and that the new owner re-taxing law came in when the whole thing moved to Swansea?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.