New car suggestions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Fair point. But what if its a good enough car to do us 5+ years with the "chance" we lose big money, whereas well spend maintenance money on the sporty car every year no matter what.
It is worth thinking about though.

Depreciation is guaranteed.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
An A4 S Line Avant with the 1.4/1.5 TFSI would be a good shout imo.

Wife has a 1.4 Saloon and it's a good daily car. Can have a nosey around it when you're in Larne at some point if you want.

Audi will still charge you 300+ for a basic service though so I'd rather have the S4 or equivalent.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
An A4 S Line Avant with the 1.4/1.5 TFSI would be a good shout imo.

Wife has a 1.4 Saloon and it's a good daily car. Can have a nosey around it when you're in Larne at some point if you want.

Audi will still charge you 300+ for a basic service though so I'd rather have the S4 or equivalent.
Depending on what we end up with I'd like to use a small independent mechanic for servicing and repairs. It would just be nice to leave a car in and not get shafted.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
This has my vote btw. Ticks all the boxes except RWD but has all the computers to keep you right and we don’t exactly live in the Arctic circle.

Have dailied rwd most of my years driving and never been sideways unless acting the **** and I’m far from any sort of driving god.

I'm the same, yes I've had a couple of imprezas but I've still had to go to work in front wheel drive vans the last 20years ! Only ever got stuck once.

Gambit

RMS Regular

yours for 18k

248153284.1024.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
After seeing another member getting quoted £6.5k for a timing chain replacement on their A7 3.0TDI I wouldn’t look near one. Ever.

Plus MEL DOESN'T NEED A DIESEL 🤦🏻‍♂️

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
I'm more thinking along the likes of you could have the choice of an AMG merc which is high power and spec but 2008 with 80k miles, Or a Peugeot with an average engine but spec'd to the hilt at a year old and 5k miles.
I just need genuine suggestions to make a shortlist and then i can compare against eachother.

I just worry we're heading into big money cars , maintenance wise , just because they're massive engine things that we don't need.

The 308 SW is a lovely place to be, certainly feels well built and is value for money. There’s very little Petrol models for sale in NI simply because, well, everyone wants Diesel.

If if you fancied a try in one and a drive around the coast to Bushmills, I have a petrol hatchback you can drive and my sales manager owns an SW that I can bring in for you to size up. If you like them, bringing a petrol one into stock wouldn’t be an issue.

I also have the 308 GTI that @Woodcutter posted a few pages back in stock If you fancy trying something a bit more performance biased.

Or come and try a new 508 SW :laughing:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
The 308 SW is a lovely place to be, certainly feels well built and is value for money. There’s very little Petrol models for sale in NI simply because, well, everyone wants Diesel.

If if you fancied a try in one and a drive around the coast to Bushmills, I have a petrol hatchback you can drive and my sales manager owns an SW that I can bring in for you to size up. If you like them, bringing a petrol one into stock wouldn’t be an issue.

I also have the 308 GTI that @Woodcutter posted a few pages back in stock If you fancy trying something a bit more performance biased.

Or come and try a new 508 SW :laughing:

Those 508s going to come to uk with decent petrol engine? Would probably wait 3 years until they’re £5k mind you.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.