New car suggestions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Even the ones that have Alcantera instead of diamonds ? Obviously I'm only going by ad pics so would love to be enlightened on them by someone who knows better. (y)
Jack Reid had a black 3dr S3 with the diamond stitched seats in it, might be worth going for a nosey to see if you like them in person? When I was looking as S3s I was under the impression that the standard seats were basically the same as the S-Line seats?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
How much discount were they offering on the Levorg though? Usually a dealer paying more for your trade in means they have less discount to give on the car they are selling you (ie were they offering the levorg for the same price without trading in). It's just a game with figures to make people think they're getting a better deal than they actually are.
I'd say you're right , the Levorg would've been a hard sell for them (though its sold already). He was also giving me a better price for mine than any other dealers.
They are a pretty decent dealership to be fair.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'd say you're right , the Levorg would've been a hard sell for them (though its sold already). He was also giving me a better price for mine than any other dealers.
They are a pretty decent dealership to be fair.
Any luck with your Subaru yet?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Jack Reid had a black 3dr S3 with the diamond stitched seats in it, might be worth going for a nosey to see if you like them in person? When I was looking as S3s I was under the impression that the standard seats were basically the same as the S-Line seats?
Yeah we've seen the ad , pity it's black and 3dr. Might take a run over to nosey at it.
Any luck with your Subaru yet?
I'm still holding off advertising it properly till Mel's is sorted. I don't think I'll get the right money trading it in so it's private or nothing.
I'm in no rush to sell (yes that old story) but think we're better to keep the two deals seperate.
I've one guy who seems genuine one minute , then a tyre kicker the next. If he comes through it'll be a good deal.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Also why we're ruling out the Golf R
Good, because it seems like VW were giving these things away with the amount of them on the road.
There's a ton of them in Bangor alone, many driven by a certain ilk, one white Golf R in particular springs to mind.
When you see it driven, you'll know exactly who I mean

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It Would be a deal breaker for me if it didn’t have the supersports .the first thing I looked at when changing recently even with them I still feel I’m sliding about so god only knows how it would feel with standard seats .

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
It Would be a deal breaker for me if it didn’t have the supersports .the first thing I looked at when changing recently even with them I still feel I’m sliding about so god only knows how it would feel with standard seats .
I personally think it's a bit ridiculous that the likes of an RS3 has such boring seats as standard given the price point they are in.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
S3 sportback is the right choice good mpg and seem to hold their money better than the r and a stage1 map transforms them

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Opinions on this, just happened to spy it there while out and went for a closer look. Immaculate bar a wee ding/paint chip to the right of the fuel cap.
Felt nice to sit in , but not alot of room in the back seats.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Opinions on this, just happened to spy it there while out and went for a closer look. Immaculate bar a wee ding/paint chip to the right of the fuel cap.
Felt nice to sit in , but not alot of room in the back seats.

I'm currently looking at a mk7 GTI PP in England. Having driven both the GTI and the R, I may be in the minority here but I think I prefer the GTI.

That one looks nice but theres a massive choice on the mainland too. Having priced flight, ferry etc I can have it back for around 250-300 and you get a wee day trip out of it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I'm currently looking at a mk7 GTI PP in England. Having driven both the GTI and the R, I may be in the minority here but I think I prefer the GTI.

That one looks nice but theres a massive choice on the mainland too. Having priced flight, ferry etc I can have it back for around 250-300 and you get a wee day trip out of it.
It was really only because it was local. Just wondering how it would compare or better holding out for the s3 with DSG.
Are they similar space wise or is the sportback give more room ?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Adam as you know I had my s4 avant for 4 years and recently changed to the rs3 same as what your looking at sort off.i can tell you that it’s the best thing I have done going to dsg/auto whatever the hell its called .i swore I would always have a manual car but the speed it changes up and Down is scary ,oh and sounds bloody good with the exhaust mod done .i would recommend a dsg s3 all day every day.its a perfect size for the daily chore and lively enough when you want it to be .cant think of anything better in that size ,price range .
I do miss the sheer power that the s4 had when I finally got it sorted out but can’t have everything I suppose .

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Adam as you know I had my s4 avant for 4 years and recently changed to the rs3 same as what your looking at sort off.i can tell you that it’s the best thing I have done going to dsg/auto whatever the hell its called .i swore I would always have a manual car but the speed it changes up and Down is scary ,oh and sounds bloody good with the exhaust mod done .i would recommend a dsg s3 all day every day.its a perfect size for the daily chore and lively enough when you want it to be .cant think of anything better in that size ,price range .
I do miss the sheer power that the s4 had when I finally got it sorted out but can’t have everything I suppose .

Did you ever get a thread up on the new car Gareth? Looked incredible when you drove past me in Portstewart a couple of weeks ago.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Near identical to mine only my stitching is yellow .couldn't not have them when you see the standard seats .
BAA23079-BE12-4A7E-8847-D9CDB6B8F554.jpeg

Did you ever get a thread up on the new car Gareth? Looked incredible when you drove past me in Portstewart a couple of weeks ago.
No graham I don’t have one .not really my thing lol..I only seen you at the last minute tbh.that was me Coming from ag I think from memory .

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
I am currently in mark7.5 gti performance with the dsg box very welcome to have a look and get an idea sure just pm and let me know

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Another thumbs up for the S3..
I’ve mine coming up to 2 years now and would usually have an itch to change at this point, I’d struggle to pick something to replace it with tbh, does everything so well.

And what’s wrong with Red lol

3485E139-567A-4933-85CF-FE324B6BCE4C.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.