Nice car suggestions Petrol only.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Thanks, I am going to see about a new one.
Can see an issue with the bad back for sure as they are low but a lovely drive once you are in
The way my wife reacted I might be living in it,...
Up the budget to a Dakar and you can still go offroad lol :eyes:
I need to win Prize guys 1 million.
A 911 with a very bad back, didn't see that coming! I wouldn't wait 2 years for any car.
Not sure if I can either, having a chat on Thursday and won`t be making any rash decisions.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don't know your Porsche experience but I had to haul out my FIL (dodgy knees) and mother (bad back) from mine (separate occasions) when they were in their early 60's and late 50's 10 years ago

It's the only car I have owned that my mum requested to go a drive in :joy:

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I don't know your Porsche experience but I had to haul out my FIL and mother from mine (separate occasions) when they were in their early 60's and late 50's 10 years ago
My father had 11 x 911`s, 2 x 928`s and a 718 so pretty good. It all depends on a drive, my bro has a 718 Cayman GTS and I don`t fit it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
backing up homer simpson GIF

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
My father had 11 x 911`s, 2 x 928`s and a 718 so pretty good. It all depends on a drive, my bro has a 718 Cayman GTS and I don`t fit it.
What great taste your Dad had 😎 , really hope one works out for you Dave, excellent choice

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
What great taste your Dad had 😎 , really hope one works out for you Dave, excellent choice
He drove them every day until he put 60,000 miles on a targa and Carl Russell from Porsche bid him a terrible price for it.
So my mother drove them after that and my father drove them at weekends.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The 992 are easily recognised as they have the light bar across the rear. The earlier models just have 2 separate tail lights.
So yes the blue one you posted is a 992.1 which you should aim for if funds allow. Or go all out and order a new one which will be 992.2 as they have just been released but will be a wait for one.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
The 992 are easily recognised as they have the light bar across the rear. The earlier models just have 2 separate tail lights.
So yes the blue one you posted is a 992.1 which you should aim for if funds allow. Or go all out and order a new one which will be 992.2 as they have just been released but will be a wait for one.
Thanks for the info, 24 months for a new one

davyk31

RMS Regular
Try a few dealers. They will always try to quote a long old time and if the customer accepts then it’s happy days for them as they can allocate earlier cars then to others who they know won’t wait. It’s all smoke and mirrors with Porsche ordering.