No idea why that posted a ridiculous number of times. Using tapatalk :/

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
It'll be a weapon if it's turbo'd. Go for it lol
Need to discuss options with my tuner on down the line for sure.
Just ran out of money :worried: but I'll try sort of some cheaper stuff in the mean time. Long way off being "finished" yet

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Need to discuss options with my tuner on down the line for sure.
Just ran out of money :worried: but I'll try sort of some cheaper stuff in the mean time. Long way off being "finished" yet

You'll claw back some money from the parts you don't need, exhaust mani etc.
having the ECU already helps for sure.

Longs you don't use a turbo with a big ex housing as it causes quite bit of lag,
.63 seems perfect on mine.
All in due time as they say:grinning: lol

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
You'll claw back some money from the parts you don't need, exhaust mani etc.
having the ECU already helps for sure.

Longs you don't use a turbo with a big ex housing as it causes quite bit of lag,
.63 seems perfect on mine.
All in due time as they say:grinning: lol
True. Can't see me getting much for the parts but I'll chance my arm ;)
On to the next mods lol.
My seats are also ready and due to be shipped Tuesday or Wednesday. :laughing:

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
In short and simple terms.

A Rotrex charged car will keep the power delivery more 'Honda style'. There will be no big rush of torque increase at a certain rpm point. It will simply increase the output gradually over the whole rpm.
This can be a good thing as it make the car much more predictable and usually easier to handle on the limit.

The turbo option will obviously give you the drastic torque increase that you can 'feel' as the turbo spools. Excellent stuff for exercising your cheek muscles (the ones on your face lol....) but it doesn't suit some people as it completely changes the way the car drives.

Just depends what you prefer really. Another advantage of a turbo setup though is the adjustability available with the right control.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
In short and simple terms.

A Rotrex charged car will keep the power delivery more 'Honda style'. There will be no big rush of torque increase at a certain rpm point. It will simply increase the output gradually over the whole rpm.
This can be a good thing as it make the car much more predictable and usually easier to handle on the limit.

The turbo option will obviously give you the drastic torque increase that you can 'feel' as the turbo spools. Excellent stuff for exercising your cheek muscles (the ones on your face lol....) but it doesn't suit some people as it completely changes the way the car drives.

Just depends what you prefer really. Another advantage of a turbo setup though is the adjustability available with the right control.
I do love the sound of the turbo. The problem is there is no off the shelf turbo as such for uk s2000s.
You'd have your work cut out Gavin ;)

Would definitely need a hand in sourcing the right parts lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
It's getting a manifold to fit which won't foul anything. Could be a custom job. Tdi North have mapped couple s2k turbo'd so maybe fire them a email when the time comes.
Paul's not a bad lad despite his reputation

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
It's getting a manifold to fit which won't foul anything. Could be a custom job. Tdi North have mapped couple s2k turbo'd so maybe fire them a email when the time comes.
Paul's not a bad lad despite his reputation

Yeah would be a custom manifold that would allow the turbo to be mounted at Front of engine so as not to cook the brakes.
I've seen the tdi setups. They use a lot of heat management and foil to try and prevent over cooking the brakes. Not sure if they've mounted turbo at Front of engine yet.

Sounds evil in that video Tim. Some roar from it.

Love it. (y)
Thanks Ryan. Louder in person lol. The fan was pretty loud.
Must get a meet sorted. I haven't attended many. I'd love a closer look at your car km the day

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Yeah would be a custom manifold that would allow the turbo to be mounted at Front of engine so as not to cook the brakes.
I've seen the tdi setups. They use a lot of heat management and foil to try and prevent over cooking the brakes. Not sure if they've mounted turbo at Front of engine yet.

Wouldn't be sure. I only know how to turbo the wee civics, ek,ep etc. Turbo s2000 is a setup I'm not sure off to be honest. But it's worth it, lot of fun for sure!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Will do a shoot of both some day :grinning:
Nice meeting you to Reinis. Your car is stunning and will look even better with those regas on :laughing:

Definitely get a shoot sorted. You're work is phenomenal [emoji106]

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
I've seen the tdi setups. They use a lot of heat management and foil to try and prevent over cooking the brakes. Not sure if they've mounted turbo at Front

To be honest a custom built kit is probably a better option. If there is a decent sidewinder type manifold available then that makes things much easier but we can always fab one up at the very worst. The rest of the kit though would be better made to suit as pretty much any turbo kit I've seen has had issues with fitment. You (or I) also then get to spec the right parts that will do the job properly.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000

To be honest a custom built kit is probably a better option. If there is a decent sidewinder type manifold available then that makes things much easier but we can always fab one up at the very worst. The rest of the kit though would be better made to suit as pretty much any turbo kit I've seen has had issues with fitment. You (or I) also then get to spec the right parts that will do the job properly.
Guess I should start to make a list of parts I'll need then I'll likely forget a load, but you know what your at so that's prefect lol [emoji106]

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Guess you've settled on a turbo then?
Could go either way Tbh at this stage. I've always wanted to go turbo but the issues with heat management were a concern. If these can be addressed with minimal fuss then a turbo could be on the cards :laughing:

Last edited: