S2000 Project

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I thought about going forced induction on my S2k back when I had it, and was always of the opinion that supercharging was the way to go. IMO different engines suit different methods of forced induction, and Honda's peaky high-revving units are perfect contenders for supercharging, which preserves their unique power delivery characteristics but adds extra bhp on top. It also sounds awesome :p

A more 'normal' engine (by normal I mean an average 2.0 4cyl for example, with a 6-7k redline) may be more suited to turbocharging, which changes the characteristics of the engine somewhat. In saying that, you have potential for more power with turbocharging once you go down stage 2/3 but if you're going that far then the engine will essentially become a totally different animal to it's original incarnation anyway.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think people get too hung up on the "easy" (on paper) top-line bhp number with Turbo, and forget about how it will actually drive, and what it will be like.

There is also a huge difference if the main purpose is the odd blat off the red light/drag racing, or if the purpose is real-world driving/circuit racing.

Top-line "bhp" number is only 10% of the story.

But all this has been discussed to death :grinning:

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Can totally see why a number of people feel supercharging is the way to go, but I do like things a bit mental, and the low down torque of a turbo is very appealing.
Still plenty of twists and turns yet, so we will see what the future brings, but no doubt I'll be going down the forced induction route.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Can totally see why a number of people feel supercharging is the way to go, but I do like things a bit mental, and the low down torque of a turbo is very appealing.
Still plenty of twists and turns yet, so we will see what the future brings, but no doubt I'll be going down the forced induction route.

Good choice, you'll not regret it.

My car made near 200lbs/ft on low cam alone. Nice having that before crossover at 4k:grinning:

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Good choice, you'll not regret it.

My car made near 200lbs/ft on low cam alone. Nice having that before crossover at 4k:grinning:
Nice torque figures ;)
Still want to finish exterior and few other bits and pieces then I will start piecing together parts need for the forced induction route. Will be a wallet buster but well worth it.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Pole positions arrived. In love with them!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470633.475867.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470648.010461.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470673.111477.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470686.429708.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470657.610418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427470657.610418.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 92

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Theres a Rotrex charged one of these for sale at the moment, made me thin of this one, Making 495hp, surely that's plenty for you, and none of the turbo lag and it makes power all the way up to 8850rpm.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Theres a Rotrex charged one of these for sale at the moment, made me thin of this one, Making 495hp, surely that's plenty for you, and none of the turbo lag and it makes power all the way up to 8850rpm.
495 would be plenty [emoji14] but I've always had something for a turbo. That noise!!

Good bit away yet and good still go either way. More parts soon I hope :laughing:

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Those seats are just unreal ... Love them! Always miss my S2K.
Thanks mate. Yeah they are so nice in person. Pictures don't do them justice.
Can't wait to get them fitted.

You ever consider getting anther s2k?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thanks mate. Yeah they are so nice in person. Pictures don't do them justice.
Can't wait to get them fitted.

You ever consider getting anther s2k?
If I am honest I doubt I would ever find one as clean as my old one. I wish I had of put it away in the garage and kept it for the weekends as it wasn't feasible for me as a daily but I guess everyone has at least one motor they regret selling.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
495 would be plenty [emoji14] but I've always had something for a turbo. That noise!!
I've always thought NA sounds better, sure my RB makes a great exhaust sound and you get some whistles from the turbos and I like the BOV sound, but you do loose the lovely induction noise you get from NA motors. However I guess with most superchargers you would also loose this so from that point of view a turbo is just as good if not better. The older style Jackson superchargers did sound awesome though, always loved hearing the Ariel Atom that used to be around here during summer in the distance.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
The fipk intake I have sounds incredible. Problem is I've never heard it because I fitted it with the skunk2 megapower.

Would love even more power but need to finish aesthetics first

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Finally bit the bullet and ordered the front and rear camber bolts, nuts and washers.
£115 from Honda for four bolts and a few nuts. Damn!!!

While I was at it I placed an order for an entire set of energy suspension bushes to polybush the entire car.
Something I've been meaning to do for some time but have kept putting it off due to the costs :-/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429115151.962717.jpg

Should make a world of difference.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Honda parts are not cheap, I made the mistake of buying a few bushes from Honda recently and it came to £150. Crazy.

Bound to feel better with new bushes in there.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Honda parts are not cheap, I made the mistake of buying a few bushes from Honda recently and it came to £150. Crazy.

Bound to feel better with new bushes in there.
They certainly aren't. That's the reason I didn't go for oem bushes. Just as expensive but will need replaced on down the line again. At least with the polybushes it's a one off cost.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
They certainly aren't. That's the reason I didn't go for oem bushes. Just as expensive but will need replaced on down the line again. At least with the polybushes it's a one off cost.

Do you not worry that it'll be very hard and possibly squeaky with poly bushes?