Stenaline Car Club to Scotland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What date for September, I’ve tried but says fully booked? Lol

Edit: nevermind working now lol

dmcmsn

RMS Regular
Drives
GolfRDSG
Anyone got any specific routes they plan on taking they get there? No idea where to go lol

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anyone got any specific routes they plan on taking they get there? No idea where to go lol
I asked on the Volvo owners page on fb, got a tip about a forest park towards Carlisle and then up the A74, cut across back to the port. Not actually planned anything yet. Just looking for scenic spots for a few pics of the car and a nice leisurely drive. I'm a sado and going on my own lol

dmcmsn

RMS Regular
Drives
GolfRDSG
I asked on the Volvo owners page on fb, got a tip about a forest park towards Carlisle and then up the A74, cut across back to the port. Not actually planned anything yet. Just looking for scenic spots for a few pics of the car and a nice leisurely drive. I'm a sado and going on my own lol

Pretty much the same as myself haha, just looking a nice drive with a few nice spot for some pics of the car.

Jmax

RMS Regular
Just cancelled mine for the 7th, so there should be at least one available if anyone checks 👍🏻

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Let’s hope the weather on Saturday isn’t like this! 😬 It is Scotland though!

@Eddie_ can you remember roughly how much driving you did on yours? I put your route in to Google there and it says 6 hours driving. Sound about right? Not sure I could be arsed with that much but your route looks really good!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I thought realistically I am looking at a route of just over 4 hours, give us time to stop off and have a dander in a few places. I didn't want it to be non stop driving.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Anyone else share their route? I have no clue what to be at 😅

RevT

RMS Regular
I cancelled mine for this week as something else came up but I booked October again.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'm heading east, then north towards Ayr and then south down the coast road back towards Stranraer.
Many going this Saturday? Looking forward to it myself, think I'm going to head South, remember something about a Outlet Centre near Gretna.

I'm thinking this will be my plans --> Cairnryan Stena Line Terminal to Cairnryan Stena Line Terminal

Would also like to find an Aldi lol

There is(was) an outlet over that direction, it was quite good but it was over 10 years since I've been to it so no idea what it's like now.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'm not on this but my suggestion for a day trip would be the A712 / A713 as it's awesome in both directions. There are a few stop off points that are worth doing along the way too:
- Murray's Monument at Talnotry which is a small climb / walk up from the road and gives a lovely view looking up the valley
- Clatteringshaws Loch and Dam. Not a lot there TBH but a nice view and a car park to stop at.

The Kenbridge Hotel is a possible lunch halt but I've not stopped at it myself so can't vouch for the quality of food.

Sensible mileage at 132 miles on what is normally a quiet road.

Day trip.jpg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Mont this is the route I came up with last time. I’m heading over again on Saturday with the family so will be doing much less driving and will be doing some family activities instead.

Some very good driving roads in the route and if you weren’t too fussed on heading as far as Cairngaan then this will take off approx 1 hour of driving as the roads are narrow and quite poor!

We still had time to stop off in a few places, for a bite of lunch and spent roughly an hour in Portpatrick also.

94B9D658-8F96-4311-A40D-0E54862304C0.jpeg
052D06C9-1AFD-449E-B86C-19EF6079E0BD.jpeg

Macmansurf

RMS Regular
Drives
68 volvo Amazon
I did it with a mate last time in the Amazon, north to Ayr, then east up through Galloway hills where the gold is still panned then down onto the motorway and down to Dumfries , stopped at Lockerbie memorial and then back to Port Patrick for fish and chips. 450 km, no issues and stops here and there for coffee. Back to boat for 7. Had a great day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.