Stenaline Car Club to Scotland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Many going this Saturday? Looking forward to it myself, think I'm going to head South, remember something about a Outlet Centre near Gretna.

I'm thinking this will be my plans --> Cairnryan Stena Line Terminal to Cairnryan Stena Line Terminal

Would also like to find an Aldi lol

Me and @DaddyC stopped in that outlet place last year to kill an hour before heading back to the ferry. I didn’t think much of it to be honest. I remember a Superdry outlet and a Cadburys outlet but nothing else really appealed.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Me and @DaddyC stopped in that outlet place last year to kill an hour before heading back to the ferry. I didn’t think much of it to be honest. I remember a Superdry outlet and a Cadburys outlet but nothing else really appealed.
Thats really all it will be for me too, a time killer! I've no real goals for the day, just a day away on my own to get me head showered. Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Looking forward to Saturday, forecast is giving it to be dry with some clouds for the day so should be good!

Had a nosey at the routes this evening, I think I'm going to follow a slightly altered version of @Eddie_'s route. It should leave me with around 3.5 hours for stoppages to nosey about, get food, photos etc. Then again, this might change to something shorter on Saturday morning when I meet the rest of the group on the boat!

Other RMS'ers are welcome to join along with us, There should be M3, 911 Turbo, FK8 Type R & Focus ST. (y)

Cairnryan Port, Stranraer to Cairnryan Port, Stranraer - Google Maps.jpg

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 911
Looking forward to Saturday, forecast is giving it to be dry with some clouds for the day so should be good!

Had a nosey at the routes this evening, I think I'm going to follow a slightly altered version of @Eddie_'s route. It should leave me with around 3.5 hours for stoppages to nosey about, get food, photos etc. Then again, this might change to something shorter on Saturday morning when I meet the rest of the group on the boat!

Other RMS'ers are welcome to join along with us, There should be M3, 911 Turbo, FK8 Type R & Focus ST. (y)

View attachment 249288
Mind if a 911 2s and Copper Works tag along? Route looks great

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

View attachment 249288
Suddenly decided I'd be up for this.........

Then suddenly remembered that a crowd of us are heading to Sligo in cars on Friday 20th and are coming back on Saturday. I'd never make it for 0730 in Belfast.

Bugger:tired_face:

belfastchris23

RMS Regular
Drives
Orange Leon FR,E
Haven’t been on this forum in a long long time. Heading tomorrow with the mrs also. Will be in a silver C63. Looking a good route too, not to heavy on the miles as I will need a fuel tanker strapped to the car

Chris

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Should be some nice metal lined up to board the ferry tomorrow morning, weather looks ok as well. Looking forward to it, something a bit different to my usual Saturday.

dmcmsn

RMS Regular
Drives
GolfRDSG
I’ll be here this morning as well, white 3 door MK7 Golf R. Should be a good day :grinning:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm not on this but my suggestion for a day trip would be the A712 / A713 as it's awesome in both directions. There are a few stop off points that are worth doing along the way too:
- Murray's Monument at Talnotry which is a small climb / walk up from the road and gives a lovely view looking up the valley
- Clatteringshaws Loch and Dam. Not a lot there TBH but a nice view and a car park to stop at.

The Kenbridge Hotel is a possible lunch halt but I've not stopped at it myself so can't vouch for the quality of food.

Sensible mileage at 132 miles on what is normally a quiet road.

View attachment 249120
My sat nav brought me back to Cairnryan view the A712 earlier this week. Brilliant wee road and not very busy.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Probably no more than 10feet away from another RMSer on this ferry this morning and yet I have no idea who anyone is lol.

Although I’m pretty certain I’m parked a couple of cars across from @Chris100 , does your reg begin PRZ?

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Probably no more than 10feet away from another RMSer on this ferry this morning and yet I have no idea who anyone is lol.

Although I’m pretty certain I’m parked a couple of cars across from @Chris100 , does your reg being PRZ?

Yep, it does indeed.
I’m 2 behind you. Can hear the car alarms going off non stop below

I keep getting an update from my VW app that I should check the car as the alarm is going off.
On here myself now too! But God damn this queue for breakfast lol
View attachment 249626

We booked the stena lounge so breakfast was served to me, no queuing😀

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.