Trackskills at Kirkistown.

Zach57

RMS Regular
It’s a 2 hour drive for me. Going there is fine you’ll be there before you know it, it’s the drive home that’s s**t 😂
Bring a jerry can with you, I used nearly a quarter of a tank each session

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Zach417 had a similar trip there and back not long ago. Sounded tiring.

I'm not close myself but thankfully not quite as far as either of you lads
Aye google saying about 2hrs 20mins. I’m sure I’ll get there in 2hrs.

also long as I can drive home it’ll be fine 😂
It’s a 2 hour drive for me. Going there is fine you’ll be there before you know it, it’s the drive home that’s s**t 😂
Bring a jerry can with you, I used nearly a quarter of a tank each session

ah feck I didn’t think I’d need to bring fuel 😂 thought/hoped if I filled up as close to there as possible I’d be okay 😂 if

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
2 hour drive for me too - I'll probably be leaving from the women's house outside Ballinamallard!!

Home i'll be heading back to the apartment in Belfast though thankfully!

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Hope to make this one, 100miles exactly for me leaving from near Ballinamallard!
Don't mind it so much on a Sunday when roads are quieter.

neil-c

RMS Regular
Just got the mini left off with @Wild Thing for some last minute prep for Sunday. Cutting it a bit fine time wise though- ds2500 pads are only due in Wednesday from Italy... Hopefully pads and uograded break fluid will mean I don't get the same break fade as the last event.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Just got the mini left off with @Wild Thing for some last minute prep for Sunday. Cutting it a bit fine time wise though- ds2500 pads are only due in Wednesday from Italy... Hopefully pads and uograded break fluid will mean I don't get the same break fade as the last event.

Do you have my old Mini or is that another member?

neil-c

RMS Regular
Do you have my old Mini or is that another member?

Yes it's your old car. Owned by half of RMS by now I think. lol. Still going well - there is a bit of rust around the rear lights which really needs cut out and repaired. And the wheels are all a bit tatty but for having 127k miles, it's a decent car. The lowered suspension is brutal on the roads though - both the wife and the dog refuse to get into it! 🤣

Edit: there is currently a camshaft position sensor error code up at the moment, hopefully it's related to the broken 02 sensor but it drove 25 miles to Brian's this morning and timing seemed fine so I'm hoping it's not a big deal... 😐

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Atom sorted with full slick. Fronts borrowed of the Radical. Rear mudguards removed to accommodate the wider rears.

Worth noting tyre weights. Toyo R888R 225/45/16 rears 9.5kg. Dunlop 235/605/16 full slick 7.1kg.

Should go well 😎
C8C3D06B-EC0E-4BE3-8F56-C40C6784C0D1.jpeg
272EE942-C9F4-4E08-8CA8-47262583D7E5.jpeg
95249C6F-B6FD-4339-9ECF-08686BFD00B1.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular

how’d you get on at the previous trackskills other than the brake fade? You sticking with the 16’s?

neil-c

RMS Regular
how’d you get on at the previous trackskills other than the brake fade? You sticking with the 16’s?

Car went really well. The 888s made a huge difference - I was worried that I'd gone for too big a tyre as they were 15 odd quid a corner cheaper than the one with the slightly lower tyre wall (can't remember the exact sizes now but it was discussed in this thread). They were 100% though and definitely would go for the same size again.

Just got the car back from @Wild Thing yesterday and it needed a fair bit done to it - top mounts, ball joints, front struts, aux belt tensioner, 02 sensor and DS2500s all round, motul 660 fluid. And just before it went to him it had a new manifold and CAT!

The bad news is that he recons the supercharger is running a tad noisy so it'll need replaced but it's likely been like that for some time. By the time I've done that I'll have spent again what I paid you for it! 🤣 Hopefully it doesn't go tomorrow but I'm coming anyway and if it breaks it breaks. Lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You need a license, etc.

I don't know if a racing license is sufficient, it may be. I've seen at least one Ginetta junior out there. May be a case by case thing.

Best to drop Donal a message and speak to him directly.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Bit of last minute work today, fun as always but ready to rock at 7am!!

Not sure what time il be passing Ards but will swing by to see if anyone’s about!!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yes I'm meeting a few at McDs at around 9.45am. I assumed there would be other RMSers there as well.
If my timings right I’ll try to meet up here too.
Which BP station in Newtownards sells super, see there’s 2.