What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Mark_C

RMS Regular
What's the craic with the jeeps like mitsubishi having zero lights on the back of their car bar a wee tiny red lights on either side at the bottom of their bumper??
Every single one I've encountered only have those two wee bottom lights on at a distance you wouldn't see them

It's to do with type approval, lights in particular territories have to be certain distance from certain points

JCM

RMS Regular
Drives
E39
t**t :laughing:

@NickR85 we were coming home from Donegal yesterday afternoon and noticed several cars and a van with zero lights on, don't know how they weren't wiped out as the fog was bad over the Glenshane
Drumsurn side was fine, I found it worse from toome to magherafelt.

Reactions: Mel

RevT

RMS Regular
My daily commute now has some major roadworks ongoing meaning my average speed has now dropped considerably with heavy machinery, stop/go signs and all the overtaking lanes removed. Pain in the hole!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Most of the near misses I've had have involved other women drivers. And old women just don't give a f**k in general anymore, even just walking past them in town, think the world owes them a living

I never understood the term "near miss" by its very description that would indicate a collision 🙈

Reactions: Ben

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The whacky races disaster that is the M2 hill from the shore up to sandyknowes. I go off there so stay in the left lane passing all the middle lane dawdlers and some outside lane ones too. Hilarious seeing them start to speed up when you waft by, doing 60 or so. Had a scirroco thingy in the outside lane doing 50 or so come over 2 lanes and flash me presumably because he thought I was undertaking. 8-(
Belfast traffic in general is super aggressive too.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Most of the near misses I've had have involved other women drivers. And old women just don't give a f**k in general anymore, even just walking past them in town, think the world owes them a living

Old woman and Nissan Micra, possibly the most dangerous combination in the world.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
The whacky races disaster that is the M2 hill from the shore up to sandyknowes. I go off there so stay in the left lane passing all the middle lane dawdlers and some outside lane ones too. Hilarious seeing them start to speed up when you waft by, doing 60 or so. Had a scirroco thingy in the outside lane doing 50 or so come over 2 lanes and flash me presumably because he thought I was undertaking. 8-(
Belfast traffic in general is super aggressive too.

I do the exact same except I have to attempt to get into the middle lane to go on past Sandyknowes. Many many times I have just went off at Sandyknowes to avoid that disaster.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'm seeing a fair few people with dashcams lighting up the inside of their car these mornings but obviously not looking where they are going like the dashcam is always going to prove they are in the right or something.

Oh aye a guy pulled out of a street / entry on the Cregagh road yesterday morning in a 5 series touring and obviously gave it a bit of welly and broadsides it across the opposite lane. Honestly thought he was going to hit a lamppost with the rear quarter. The traction control must be a bit slow witted on those yokes. Was fairly icy though.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Commuting home on M1 yesterday evening on the m'bike, was on the right hand lane due to left lane being slower moving; keeping about 3 sec distance behind car in front, bright lights in mirror looked around and van right up my tailpipe. Now its dark, we had very cold weather and roads were wet yesterday evening ... this guy had no clue or cared. next available opportunity i moved to left lane, van sped past and noticed he was turning off at my exit. i debated whether to have a word with him as there are usually queues when trying to exit the ramp. so decided i would ask. so drove up, and gave his window a knock. initially he looked stunned so when window was down i asked him what he was doing ... he had no clue. when i said about tailgating me in the weather conditions we now have ... his response was me being on the fast lane (?) doing 60, i asked him as being in a van could you not see the other vehicle in front of me, and that i was keeping distance due to my stopping distance and keeping myself safe and was he not aware of a min 2 sec rule?

he proceeded to go on about me being in this "fast lane" and i asked but does that give you the right to tailgate me and he proceeded with telling me that i was only doing 60. I had to give up in the end as the guy was convinced he was doing absolutely nothing of concern to other road users.

scary people on the roads these days

ive Been driving from Banbridge to newtownabbey for 2 days so far and I’m at my wits end in the car.
no one has a clue how to drive so I can only applaud you on a motorbike

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Driving on the west link M2 bound and people cutting into the dual lane traffic at the last possible opportunity, using Crumlin Road offslip, just indicate and expect a spot!
I have to do that crossing early in the morning around 06:50 - 07:00 and it can be tricky to get across without being too forward about it but still needing to get across. I think I'm in the minority because I use my mirrors and check there is a space and some indication of permission to change lanes. A terrible junction overall and the other options are poor too because of the amount of lights to get through the centre and around the custom house to the woodstock etc.

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
the ones that get on my goat are those who basically stop in the left lane indicating right, because there was no space, and literally force their way. Traffic backs up behind them and having bypassed the normal rush hour queue, continue on their merry way.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
It’s a bloody disaster out there and not a sign of police to tackle it. The dark mornings seems to have made it a lot worse from what I have noticed. Over the summer and autumn months very few have tried to wipe me out which was weird. This week alone I have had 3 losers pretty close to putting me off the bike ... 2 women drivers and the tosser in the van as previously discussed.

thanks for the confidence boost 😜 ... I know exactly how you feel

ive Been driving from Banbridge to newtownabbey for 2 days so far and I’m at my wits end in the car.
no one has a clue how to drive so I can only applaud you on a motorbike

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I drove from Coleraine to Limavady the other evening at 5. I counted 13 cars coming the other way just over the mountain with no headlights. Several had DRL and another couple just had sidelights and fogs on the rest were just completely unlit. It's completely unbelievable there was a load of cars with only 1 light working there is no policing of the real causes of dangers on the roads.

Another incident I was visiting my parents and left them with the wee man to go cycling. Heading from Ballywalter to Millisle I was close passed by a fella who nearly had a head on with a little old lady coming the other way. It was really close i was nearly forced up the bank. Worst of all the old lady let go of the steering wheel and covered her eyes with her hands. If the fella had of waited 5 or 10 seconds he could have performed a perfectly safe overtake without nearly killing 2 people. I have a million stories like that but the old lady covering her eyes really stuck with me.

Don't get me started about all the cars doing 68mph in all 3 lanes of the m2 on Saturday lol.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Don’t let the buggers in if they try to skip the queue that’s my aim hav driven for 30 years to Belfast and just makes me boil when they try pushing in
So do you deliberately close the gap to stop people getting in? That's why traffic doesn't flow, if everyone defends 'their place in the queue' then cars get stuck out in outer lanes and slow or stop causing more tailbacks. Merge in wherever you can and let people merge in. That's what you are supposed to do.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
So do you deliberately close the gap to stop people getting in? That's why traffic doesn't flow, if everyone defends 'their place in the queue' then cars get stuck out in outer lanes and slow or stop causing more tailbacks. Merge in wherever you can and let people merge in. That's what you are supposed to do.

Totally agree however I think he means when people leave the main lane by jumping into a slip road to try and gain 100 metres

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
This pisses me right off.
Waiting at a junction to go left, car pulls up to go right blocking my view and his own view. Now the both of us can't see through each others cars to see what traffic is coming so we just sit there like numpties staring at each other 😂