What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
surely part of the problem for lorrys holding up traffic at 40 mph is the inferior infra structure of the roads,where there in not enough dual carriage linking the country up . L derry to m2 ,,north west omagh etc etc

of course it is part of the problem, but it's a lot cheaper and easier not to have such a ridiculous 40mph speed limit

Even more so when buses and coaches are legally allowed to go faster with 50+ people on board.

I wonder which would result in more deaths in a crash...a fully loaded bus, or a truck with 1 person ?

heavyoilhenry

RMS Regular
Drives
GTTDi-Rascal TLr
When sitting at a steady cruise control speed on the carriageway, and overtaking a car you have been gaining on, and then the bellend you overtaking decides he wants to speed up!!! 8o|

Ant

RMS Regular
Pretty much everyone driving in Bristol.
It's a real ****ehole like.

The wab in the celica on my way home on the hillsection there sitting in the middle lane, so i couldn't get in, then up my arse while i was over taking and then dropping into the slow lane he should've been in to begin with to undertake two cars at about 90 to power ahead.

satisfaction after all that as he sat at the sandyknowes lights and I headed on towards mallusk made up for it mind

crautos

RMS Regular
Drives
e60
Road works at the entry into my garage in Moira meaning every time you take a car for a test drive you waste 20+mins sitting at bloody traffic lights

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Road works at the entry into my garage in Moira meaning every time you take a car for a test drive you waste 20+mins sitting at bloody traffic lights
As i was saying earlier they are making a royal mess in moira at the minute especially at the top of the village.....annoying.!!!
Whereabouts is your garage in Moira.?

puzzlement13

RMS Regular

Yep, nuisance trying to get into the post office in supervalue, takes forever trying to get in there because of the lights!

crautos

RMS Regular
Drives
e60
I'm down in beside the police station only took it over before Christmas an now I see I'm right in the middle of the lights.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Leaving my son into school this morning in Lisburn I near ran over 3 people as they just walked out. Does no one in Lisburn look when walking.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
What annoys me most is the following commute times, for the exact same journey.

Leave home 07:50 - Arrive in the office 09:30
Leave home 08:45, take son to school, leave school 09:05, arrive in office 09:45

Bloody traffic and morons that cant drive.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Help me out here ....after the Grosvenor rd off slip on the w/link if im heading to Antrim which lane should i be in from your experience as i'm a trucker ?
once you get past the exit for boucher road id say you should move into the inside lane and not hog middle lane the whole way up to dunmurry

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
ok then from exit of westlink headin up the m1 then
If your're going to criticize other road users it would help to know where you're talking about ....so its not the Westlink then it's the M1 ..AAhhh ok that's completely different.
once you get past the exit for boucher road id say you should move into the inside lane and not hog middle lane the whole way up to dunmurry
Sorry dude you're wrong again ..there is no exit from Boucher onto the M1 but there is the Stockman on slip as well as Glenmackin st which bring you onto the Broadway on slip, so not sure where you are talking about. But if you want to clarify some facts and get back to me that's fine.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
The excellent bit of driving from a white(ish) type R. at 11.30 today on the M1. Traffic moving along nicely, im in the middle lane with other drivers, the 3rd lane has a few cars on it as well moving nicely then in my rear view mirror i see and hear this walt charging up the 3rd lane then does a fukked up 4 lane "maneuver" from the 3rd lane on the M/W over to the Dunmurry off slip without any consideration for other road users. Im sure he thought he was and looked the dogs balls. Yeh right.

K55

RMS Regular
Ireland must have opted out of both of those, as most of the southern lorries I see on the roads are doing more than 60mph !

Us Irish (North & South), were quite 'famous' for going a fair bit harder than 56. It wasn't that long ago that 70 odd was 'cruising speed', using the 3rd lane of British motorways when needed.

Yee-haa.

I hasten to add those days are more or less over, fuel is too dear.

:laughing:

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
If your're going to criticize other road users it would help to know where you're talking about ....so its not the Westlink then it's the M1 ..AAhhh ok that's completely different.

Sorry dude you're wrong again ..there is no exit from Boucher onto the M1 but there is the Stockman on slip as well as Glenmackin st which bring you onto the Broadway on slip, so not sure where you are talking about. But if you want to clarify some facts and get back to me that's fine.
what ***** are you talkin. so you cant get onto the boucher from broadway roundabout if your coming from m2 direction?

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st

show me where i said there was at exit FROM boucher road mr know it all

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Sunny Bangor, newtonards rd coming back down into town. There are 2 lanes, one unmarked and one for right turns only. I'm usually in the left lane which can turn left, straight on OR turn right past Dunlop homes offices, dominos etc. The terry fukwits that see me indicating right and still pull into the left lane after the turn cutting me off..figuratively boils my piss. Give them a honk or give the old "what are you doing" hands and they look at you as if you'd killed their youngest.

This really annoys me!

Also, same area, coming into Bangor on the Belfast road, the lane splits into two about 100 yards or so from the lights. But some people think its about half a mile and drive down the other side of the road overtaking everyone.

brendy

RMS Regular
This really annoys me!

Also, same area, coming into Bangor on the Belfast road, the lane splits into two about 100 yards or so from the lights. But some people think its about half a mile and drive down the other side of the road overtaking everyone.
Daft thing is there are two streets you can turn into that will bring you round bypassing the lights anyway if you want to get up the newtownards road.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Leaving my son into school this morning in Lisburn I near ran over 3 people as they just walked out. Does no one in Lisburn look when walking.

No they bloody don't! The stretch between Northern Bank and O2 is insane, people just wandering out across moving traffic still looking down at their phones and the likes.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Daft thing is there are two streets you can turn into that will bring you round bypassing the lights anyway if you want to get up the newtownards road.

Usually they are all going straight on, but I laugh when im able to take them on the inside as they get stuck behind the few that are turning right.

brendy

RMS Regular
Usually they are all going straight on, but I laugh when im able to take them on the inside as they get stuck behind the few that are turning right.
lol usually me turning muhahaha. depending on who is behind me, i'll either indicate really early if they did me a favour, or wait until they are behind me in my lane and a car is parallel to them in the other lane.. :evils: