What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Gambit

RMS Regular

£230k worth

1622638669964.png

1622638575152.png

1622638603918.png

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
On the lookout for a cheap daily but sneaky autotrader sucks you into creeping up and up budget wise. I do love the e9X platform. Alpina would be cool to own

IMG_20210602_210129.jpg

Boksic

RMS Regular
Not too often you see an E46 still under a BMW warranty and service plan until just last year.

Bit rough around the edges

That boy sounds like he should be wearing a tutu and selling ice-cream and balloons somewhere, not cars, although I was interested in the post/car that **** put me off 🤦🏼‍♂️

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Almost positive that’s @Mickylad’s old one.

My Alpina was number #306 but this is quite similar to mine. Does have quite a few extras over the standard form which in the Alpina world (it's a weird world on those forums) is a big no no for reselling, they like them as close to OEM as possible.

I tend to agree with what he is saying in the advert about ride comfort and driveability, I daily drove one for 3 years (longest I've ever owned a car) and it was an absolulte delight to drive, nd returned over 50 MPG on a long run.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Surprised this hasn't sold yet

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It looks like it's had the 'trade car for Auction' prep, rather than a detailed restoration
Yup looks like it needs a hand written description stuck up in the window with £500 ono written on it lying for sale on someone’s driveway or beside the local shop.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Mean that it's a lot cheaper than others out there, hasn't been restored is all original.
Almost identical car and miles, has been well prepped though but almost £1500 dearer
Other similar Metros

Basic Metros maybe still not found their market yet.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
That boy sounds like he should be wearing a tutu and selling ice-cream and balloons somewhere, not cars, although I was interested in the post/car that **** put me off 🤦🏼‍♂️
He was in my class at uni, he is civil enough and is well into his cars. Just a bit... eclectic. Has a good rep so far as far as I can see selling cars.

KevM

RMS Regular
Some of his posts are comedy gold! If it's a stinker, he doesn't try to disguise the fact, but creates a witty back-story to excuse the condition!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
He was in my class at uni, he is civil enough and is well into his cars. Just a bit... eclectic. Has a good rep so far as far as I can see selling cars.

He's no High Peak Autos lol.

Years ago I went to see a car he was selling from his house, a mate asked me to view it for him, it was a parcel of a thing and he spun my mate the classic "Selling on behalf of my aunty" story, he was fairly tongue twisted after pointing out the 5 owners and fact that the service history was all over England and then NI, the Aunty moved about a lot and it had been all round the family, apparently ^o) :joy: . Sadly she could not be reached by phone to confirm some details.

He decided he knew my face, possibly from uni, but had to abandon that idea when he discovered I was a good bit older. I saved him the embarrassment of pointing out that it was from the local car auction he worked at (where the car undoubtedly came from). Full marks for effort to be fair, there is no wonder customers lack faith in what you tell them.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
So my dear wife has expressed a 'meh' at all the Mk6 gti's I showed her 🙄

So I'm now looking at 8p s3's instead 😂

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...romSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars
View attachment 324811

Any spec items preferred on these? Or things to be weary of?
20150331_193614_IMG_1489.JPG

I had a one that I bought of @bigpupcooper a few years ago. Great car and went well although mine had the Revo Stage 1 and Milltek.

They look a bit dated now though in my opinion. Saying that, they are decent money for what they are.

Thread 'Audi S3 Sportback' Audi S3 Sportback

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
He's no High Peak Autos lol.

Years ago I went to see a car he was selling from his house, a mate asked me to view it for him, it was a parcel of a thing and he spun my mate the classic "Selling on behalf of my aunty" story, he was fairly tongue twisted after pointing out the 5 owners and fact that the service history was all over England and then NI, the Aunty moved about a lot and it had been all round the family, apparently ^o) :joy: . Sadly she could not be reached by phone to confirm some details.

He decided he knew my face, possibly from uni, but had to abandon that idea when he discovered I was a good bit older. I saved him the embarrassment of pointing out that it was from the local car auction he worked at (where the car undoubtedly came from). Full marks for effort to be fair, there is no wonder customers lack faith in what you tell them.

I tried watching his videos on YouTube and he’s absolute charisma vacuum. Never a person less suited to do videos about cars.