WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Flip, for him to turn down millions at Toyota, go to M Sport and bring own sponsorship, the Fiesta really must be something else

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I'd have expected them to.sponsor the full works team, not just one car, perhaps highlighting that M Sport couldnt afford Seb

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I'd have expected them to.sponsor the full works team, not just one car, perhaps highlighting that M Sport couldnt afford Seb

Thought the same but were not going to see a number 1 and 2 car next year are we?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like we are. One has RB plastered all over it and clearly unlimited budget. The other one does not.

Agree with Graham, it is a bit of an odd one. Wonder what the deal is to make sure the #1 car is an unbeatable monster. Assume they will need some recruitment on the technical side too? Plenty of VW people left over...

At the end of the day, WRC is like touring cars, WRX, and all the rest. Badge on the front makes next to no difference, all much the same underneath and nothing to do with any "road car" other than a vaguely similar shell.

All about having the budget to afford the best people and parts combos, and to put it all together in a winning package.

Cess

RMS Staff
Bear in mind Seb was under contract at Volkswagen, so he would have had next year's salary probably paid up in full as part of the exit. Essentially, he doesn't need a wage this year.

M-Sport were happy to give him a one year contract. Toyota were not. Plus he wasn't happy with the Yaris as he has eluded to.

One year contract means he can sit tight, see how things fair and join the best team with the best car for 2018.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Bear in mind Seb was under contract at Volkswagen, so he would have had next year's salary probably paid up in full as part of the exit. Essentially, he doesn't need a wage this year.

M-Sport were happy to give him a one year contract. Toyota were not. Plus he wasn't happy with the Yaris as he has eluded to.

One year contract means he can sit tight, see how things fair and join the best team with the best car for 2018.

Yeah Volkswagen said they were going to honour each drivers contract salary next year

Cess

RMS Staff
Number 1 always goes to the World Champion, no matter if he switches teams and his team mate is numbered 2 by default. Unless there's a late in the day change to Camilli's circumstances, I think he should be 3.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

That major part had slipped my mind lol

K55

RMS Regular
Any chance of someone not called Sebastien winning it for once?

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
What I find crazy is that Ford are happy to pay Ken Block millions but (rumour has it) wouldn't increase their sponsorship deal with M-Sport to help cover some of Ogiers salary.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
What I find crazy is that Ford are happy to pay Ken Block millions but (rumour has it) wouldn't increase their sponsorship deal with M-Sport to help cover some of Ogiers salary.
Block will single handindly give the brand more coverage than a decades worth of rallying could, sadly rallying has been.dead to coperate money for a very long time, such a niche sport

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If the Fiesta is on the pace this year, I can see Ogier staying.

Anyone know if Ford got the Monster energy sponsorship or was it Kenny from the Block? Maybe that prevented Red Bull from backing the whole M-Sport squad.

Still a crying shame Østberg has a 2017 WRC & Mikkelsen doesn't.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Østberg has the money though. Mikkelsen was looking for a factory seat - and there aren't enough spaces.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Maybe DMACK could give him some European events. He'd fit in at Hyundai next year…cheerio Sordo?!

Sam.

RMS Regular
He said he was planning on some events outside of WRC rounds so he'll probably be in an R5 at some point.

Not sure about Hyundai. Sordo is much better on tarmac than Mads.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mikkelsen instead of Sordo next year I was meaning.

Mads is pretty poor, Camilli equalled him this year.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
IMG_2091.PNG

Pic of the day today on wrc FB! :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.