The Grand Tour - Season 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Fully understand that but go back one episode and the hellcat could not under any circumstances be raced on the street

You really think no one has raced a demon on the street in the US?

This is road legal over there :laughing:

1969-camaro-drag-week-2013-tom-bailey-sick-seconds0031.jpg

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
it was the manufacturer stipulated that to the GT team, off course they race them on the streets but you missed the point

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Fully understand that but go back one episode and the hellcat could not under any circumstances be raced on the street

As above. Of course people will race them on the street, the TGT team just werent allowed to race them on the street and film it after being lent the car.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Harry's Garage on YouTube is pretty much daily driving his P8 lol

He has been involved in a number of SVO projects - he was once late to a meeting with me because the took his Countach and it ran out of fuel on the way to the office

Bryan

RMS Regular
That Jim Clark piece, superb. You can see how highly folk still think of him. TGT needs more of those.

Was thinking that myself... 51 years on and the guys telling the stories looked like they felt it was only yesterday. I wonder will people think the same of the likes of Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel in 51 years time?

Fantastic episode.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Today’s world has a lot to realise doesn’t it. There’s literally zero chance any of the guys could do what Jim Clark done. Even when they had Procar in the BMW’s they moaned.

Guess it’s not just drivers though, it’s everyone I suppose.

Defo such a fantastic episode, must ask who produced it

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Was thinking that myself... 51 years on and the guys telling the stories looked like they felt it was only yesterday. I wonder will people think the same of the likes of Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel in 51 years time?

Fantastic episode.

More likely to think back and remember what a ****er he was

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
At £150k? Wow.

Only watched the rest of that episode last night. £150k to a lot of potential buyers is a drop in the ocean and it does look to be a very impressive machine, despite the steering wheel on the wrong side. They must have been aiming it at an EU or US market ? Would be hard to imagine any technical reason from putting the steering wheel on the correct side.
How many other 4 door saloons are there like it ? That opens up a specific market...albeit a small one. But for those who have money and want one, price probably wouldnt even be a worry

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Thought it was an overall poor episode, worst of the series so far. Not enough funny bits. Hammond was decent at the jim Clark bit but I think Clarkson is more suited to the historic pieces.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Only watched the rest of that episode last night. £150k to a lot of potential buyers is a drop in the ocean and it does look to be a very impressive machine, despite the steering wheel on the wrong side. They must have been aiming it at an EU or US market ? Would be hard to imagine any technical reason from putting the steering wheel on the correct side.
How many other 4 door saloons are there like it ? That opens up a specific market...albeit a small one. But for those who have money and want one, price probably wouldnt even be a worry

RHD markets are small and limited overall. Engineering this involved a redesign of pretty much the whole front end from the standard car so to do that twice for LHD and RHD doesn’t make sense as it would make them even more expensive

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Proper programme this one ,
Was 14 when my hero Jim Clarkes death was announced on the Sunday evening news ! none of the drivers since can manage his blend of speed and humilty ,
Oh and an article i read about him during his peak , used a photo of him on a David Brown tactor loading Dung on a muuckspreader , on a Monday having raced on Sunday!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.