Back to Wax....

hippyross

RMS Regular
Thanks @Woodcutter for the speedy delivery and extra goodies.
Hopefully I'll get to use it soon.
Wild sporty packaging 😁
IMG_20190327_133728.jpg

IMG_20190327_133849.jpg

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Well after all the talk of the Bilt Hammer wax on here I ordered some yesterday and it arrived this morning.

DSC_2305-01.jpeg

Will hopefully get trying it this week. I have been using 50 Cal Penta wax for past few years so will see how it compares.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Ive a nearly full tub of Autofinesse Desire, if you're interested in swapping some/whatever of the Gtechniq C2 for it?
Ive lost all interest in applying waxes these days, and prefer spray on sealants

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Ive a nearly full tub of Autofinesse Desire, if you're interested in swapping some/whatever of the Gtechniq C2 for it?
Ive lost all interest in applying waxes these days, and prefer spray on sealants

Thanks, I’ve got a full 4ltr of C2V3, but have bought my wax now :-#

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
How have you found the 50cal wax?

Overall, OK. It's pretty easy to put on, smells nice (this obviously has no bearing on how good a product is but always seems to get a mention - and on that note, the Bilt Hammer smells disappointingly of very little), however I don't think it lasted that long, and sometimes found it difficult to remove - could well be me putting too much on but can't say for definite.

Have you used any of their other products? I really like the glass cleaner (no smears), detailer spray seems fine, and the filler glaze is quite handy to get a nice finish with very little effort.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Navi Ultimate has always been a favourite of mine.

When you can wax the car in 20 mins after a wash, for at least a month's worth of protection, plenty of gloss and hardly any product used, it's hard to wack.

I'm sure my first tin did 60 odd applications, great value.

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Navi Ultimate has always been a favourite of mine.

When you can wax the car in 20 mins after a wash, for at least a month's worth of protection, plenty of gloss and hardly any product used, it's hard to wack.

I'm sure my first tin did 60 odd applications, great value.

Navi/Nuba Wax is still our best seller by far, and it's not hard to see why! It's great stuff and so easy to use, yes the durability isn't amazing, but ease of use, gloss and value for money more than make up for that.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
I love Petes 53 for an all rounder, decent gloss and longevity.

Naviwax Ultimate/Soft99/Fusso King of Gloss are the ones I lift most often though probably due to the ease of use. As said above though, they need topped up or they don't last that long.

For something more durable I have Valentines Road n Track, Autoglym HD (I find it a bit of a chore to use) and a pot of OG Valentines Concourse when I really want to push the boat out.

Zaino products are by far my favourite of all time, Z6 topped with Z8 has never failed to make a car look great

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I love Petes 53 for an all rounder, decent gloss and longevity.

Naviwax Ultimate/Soft99/Fusso King of Gloss are the ones I lift most often though probably due to the ease of use. As said above though, they need topped up or they don't last that long.

For something more durable I have Valentines Road n Track, Autoglym HD (I find it a bit of a chore to use) and a pot of OG Valentines Concourse when I really want to push the boat out.

Zaino products are by far my favourite of all time, Z6 topped with Z8 has never failed to make a car look great

I actually find soft99 fusso and king of gloss quite hard to use though results are really good and beading is insane.

Just used autoglym UHD the other day and it was night and day compared soft99 on ease of use and quite nice gloss of it also

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I actually find soft99 fusso and king of gloss quite hard to use though results are really good and beading is insane.

Just used autoglym UHD the other day and it was night and day compared soft99 on ease of use and quite nice gloss of it also

Fusso is really easy to use imo

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
The personal side of hand waxing is what makes it appealing to me. I recently put Autoglym UHD Wax on my recently painted and machine corrected black Civic.

Last wax I was applying was Navi, which was also super, but the presentation, application and removal of the AG wax is fantastic.

Here's a short photo history,

Before

20190330_164007.jpg

Corrected

20190330_183324.jpg

Sealed and waxed,

20190423_210651.jpg

Wet,

20190424_185608.jpg

20190424_195630.jpg

jonny.92

RMS Regular

I find the trick with the Fusso range is to use plenty of clean microfibers when buffing off. Due to the petroleum content it can be a bit smeary. I also ignore the instructions to leave it curing for 10/15mins, just work one panel at a time wax on then buff off within a minute or two

neil-c

RMS Regular
I find the trick with the Fusso range is to use plenty of clean microfibers when buffing off. Due to the petroleum content it can be a bit smeary. I also ignore the instructions to leave it curing for 10/15mins, just work one panel at a time wax on then buff off within a minute or two

If found fusso very difficult to remove with microfiber clothes, they clog too quickly. Its 10 times easier to remove with cotton / mutton polishing cloths like below. I think that all polishes and waxes are easier to remove with this.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I put a spray of sonax bsd on my car on Sunday and washed it last night again and was totally surprised at the way the water went with it on .literally twice better than the way my car behaved on first wash after having a ceramic coating done on it .i have had it for about 18 months and that’s the first I have used it .

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I put a spray of sonax bsd on my car on Sunday and washed it last night again and was totally surprised at the way the water went with it on .literally twice better than the way my car behaved on first wash after having a ceramic coating done on it .i have had it for about 18 months and that’s the first I have used it .
I love the Sonax. Not only for how it performs but it's a massive bottle for a fiver.