Cheap 7 Seat 4x4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
If the turbo hasn't imploded on the x-trail by then... Yes lol

I'm starting my ownership optimistically as you can tell

The timing chain will probably fail before the turbo, and if the turbo does go, it’ll probably be because of the utter pish excuse of an intercooler that’s fitted to them which I believe had cracks and leaked from new. All in all, they’re a great buy... lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
The timing chain will probably fail before the turbo, and if the turbo does go, it’ll probably be because of the utter pish excuse of an intercooler that’s fitted to them which I believe had cracks and leaked from new. All in all, they’re a great buy... lol

Had a new intercooler fitted recently which makes me feel slightly better.

Cheap winter beater that I can point at a snow drift and not worry about damage lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Wee pic before collection early next week

Fancy a nudge bar on the front and some chunky tyres but any opinions welcome

Attachments

• 2x.jpeg
    2x.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 91

Mark_C

RMS Regular

Put a timing chain in one of these for a friend of the wife's recently. Pain in the hole .Their parents have one too and it's just started the death rattle too!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Crashed, went on fire, couldn’t get out, passerby’s couldn’t smash armoured glass. Brutal, 4 died I think.
I think there was an escape hatch that couldn’t be opened due to the accident or did I dream that?
I would like one if they did a commercial version. More practical than a pickup.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Camping, as in hotels or B&B`s? If so sounds good but if you mean tents my body is too old for that. :p

You could easily carry enough stuff to camp like a king in a jeep. With enough notice start picking up stuff in the winter sales.....

That said, a b and b is never a bad shout:p

purplea4T

RMS Regular
More details?

I’ve just bought 1... ^o)
I wouldn’t worry unless yours was an armoured v6, as Davy says, crashed into a wall and deformed the shell so much they couldn’t get out of the escape hatch. I worked with Kenny who died, absolute gentleman.
The diesel ones can’t go fast enough to crash.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.