F1 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Number five in the bag, and well deserved :cool:

Messy by Mercedes but did the job.

Brilliant race for RB, to think this is what F1 could be like when the huge performance advantages get equalised. Basically all F1 races should be run at 2k+ altitude :innocent:

Shame about Ric, he just can't catch any luck at the moment :joy:

Good battles further down too, was a good race.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i think the last 2 races could be good with ferrari seemingly back on the pace too.
it'b be good for bottas to get a win too

Last edited:

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
has anyone got the f1 2018 game? helf tempted to give it a go, and im not a big gamer

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's just driving around in a line conserving tyres for a few hours, might as well just go out in rush our traffic :joy::innocent:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
9305C845-7874-4A10-B5BD-0D6890168643.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I caught up with the race last night. Yet more strategy errors from Mercedes but I was so happy to see Hamilton pick up no.5 there. I honestly don’t think Vettel was really in the running for it, even if you put aside Ferrari’s strategy mistakes and failures. Vettel just didn’t put in the same performances as Hamilton.

Absolutely gutted for both Ricciardo and Alonso, if they didn’t have bad luck they’d have no luck at all!!

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
I caught up with the race last night. Yet more strategy errors from Mercedes but I was so happy to see Hamilton pick up no.5 there. I honestly don’t think Vettel was really in the running for it, even if you put aside Ferrari’s strategy mistakes and failures. Vettel just didn’t put in the same performances as Hamilton.

Absolutely gutted for both Ricciardo and Alonso, if they didn’t have bad luck they’d have no luck at all!!

What was the strategy error from merc?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Maybe not so much strategy errors as just a bad weekend in general. But main result secured and that was priority one all along I guess.

Don't know if they even ran full power or held back just to make sure they'd finish.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
They couldn't make the tyres last, bottas was aiming for a 1 stop I read, I'd imagine they weren't taking any chances with the pu either with both championships still to be settled

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
What was the strategy error from merc?
Well maybe not a lot on this race but certainly in USA they made a huge strategy error. One could almost argue that tyre choice/selection that they brought with them was a strategy error too. After all Ferrari were able to pull out sets of brand new tyres whereas they were fitting used/scrubbed tyres late on in the race for Lewis

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Well maybe not a lot on this race but certainly in USA they made a huge strategy error. One could almost argue that tyre choice/selection that they brought with them was a strategy error too. After all Ferrari were able to pull out sets of brand new tyres whereas they were fitting used/scrubbed tyres late on in the race for Lewis

Mercedes and Ferrari brought the exact same allocation over the weekend for their No1 driver, the mercs just couldn't get the tyre to work - any tyre, even the hardest supersofts, no strategy call was going to make any difference in Mexico, unlike US GP where the ball was dropped a little

stevyg

RMS Regular
Just getting a chance to catch up on F1. Great race at COTA, one of the best of the season and super to see Kimi win. Ferrari might have got rid of the wrong driver.. Mercedes definitely left Hamilton out for 6 laps too long, bit of a strategy blunder but you can’t win them all.

Mexico was an interesting race, gutted for Alonso & Ricciardo. Dan sounded like he was ready to call it quits and I don’t blame him, my heart sank when I saw the smoke coming out of his car I can’t imagine how he feels. Good race from Hulk, LeClerc and Stoffel. Well won by Verstappen, I think Hamilton could have pipped him at the first corner but wisely chose to be cautious. Vettel almost threw it away again coming together with Bottas at the start, good recovery from him helped by Dans DNF. I’m beginning to think that Vettel is past his peak, he’s a fantastic driver but he just can’t seem to hold it together like he used to as a young buck in the RB.

Congrats to Hamilton on his 5th title. Unbelievable achievement. To think he was 1 point from winning in 2007 and the DNF in Malaysia cost him the championship in 2016, he could have had at least 2 more by now. He gets a hard time for being a sore loser and dressing like a pizza but he’s deserves to be up there as one of greats. Car Vs Car I think Ferrari had the better package this year but far too many mistakes have cost them the title for sure and I doubt they will win the WCC but we’ll see. Seems to be getting closer every year between the top 3, though I don’t have high hopes for RB/Honda, I hope next season is no different.

Looking forward to Brazil & Abu Dhabi!

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Is that a confirmed track layout tho? Seen it doing the rounds on FB

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks a lot like Anglesey International :innocent:

My understanding was that Vietnam was to be a street circuit, it's confirmed for 2020.

Suppose all these street circuits make good business sense, but street races are so boring... We already have Singapore, Monaco, Baku,... And they're all terrible racing.

Then there is talk about Miami, Vietnam, etc.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
aye, seen it on F1 instagram yesterday.
one of their people was talking at all the major points on the track....from the locations....its going to need A LOT of work to make it a racing road for sure.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, at least there should be some DRS overtaking down those straights, that's a lot of flat out on the throttle :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.