Winter Tyres.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Big thankyou to @RubberLover, for getting me sorted with new wellies on the Volvo today.

No, thank you! I have no doubt that you’ll love them.

Great mileage out of them too, I got over 22k miles on them before I switched to summers for driving in Europe this summer- still 3/3.5mm on them and that’s on an automatic Skoda Superb estate (rotated every 6k miles too).

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
No, thank you! I have no doubt that you’ll love them.

Great mileage out of them too, I got over 22k miles on them before I switched to summers for driving in Europe this summer- still 3/3.5mm on them and that’s on an automatic Skoda Superb estate (rotated every 6k miles too).

If I get anywhere near 22k, I'll be a happy bunny, was getting around 8 or 9k out of the front Kuhmos. Thanks again Ivan.

genman

G
are winters available localky for 255 / 35 / 20 or 245 / 40 /20... could maybe do with a pair.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
are winters available localky for 255 / 35 / 20 or 245 / 40 /20... could maybe do with a pair.

Don’t see why they wouldnt be. I rang my local tyre place, Bells of Crossgar, on Tuesday afternoon and they had my Davanti Wintoura Plus winter tyres in by 10am yesterday morning and fitted yesterday afternoon.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
@genman You’d be saving money by buying a set of second hand 18” wheels and fitting a full set of 245/45R18 budget winter. Even though they’re budget, it’d be safer than just fitting two 20” to the front.

You’d also have something to sell on once you’re finished with them. You wouldn’t have much change from £400 fitting just two 20” winter.

genman

G
@genman You’d be saving money by buying a set of second hand 18” wheels and fitting a full set of 245/45R18 budget winter. Even though they’re budget, it’d be safer than just fitting two 20” to the front.

You’d also have something to sell on once you’re finished with them. You wouldn’t have much change from £400 fitting just two 20” winter.
Thanks..already have 2 thats why i only needed 2 more ...2nd set of rims and tyres isn't that cheap...initial outlay over £700...maybe longterm its a plan but I change cars quite often...maybe get away with using my BMW 19" , (same stud spacing ) since its getting parked soon and they look a lot cheaper...just need to check fit and offset etc.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
58F3727F-02A4-4E3B-968F-2D3E797DC0BE.jpeg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Fitted 4 winters to the mothers Merc yesterday. Only had 2 rear on last year but needed 4 new tyres now.

F39A1BF3-91F6-450C-A91E-137B99E8B13A.jpeg
68BDE772-02DC-4863-BAA9-497C777A9111.jpeg
0E6C2E39-8799-42E6-A7E4-8D2CC583248A.jpeg

Need to sort the tracking on the front, had several things replace in the last year and has gone badly off and nothing done about it.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Winter tyres are on the Cayman S!!!

Dropped from 20” to 18”.

Car looks blinking awful but I’m determined to see if I can make full use of it this winter.

So this is what £2200 worth of Porsche wheels and tyres makes your car look like:

75465C2A-E491-4F63-886F-B260458EA32C.jpeg
D9A40DFE-61A1-4A6A-9D65-BD9D61BD9A0A.jpeg

177FF6EF-A485-4120-8692-73B10C0E8548.jpeg

It looks horrible!

Roll on the summer to get the 20s back on.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Heard today that you have to inform your insurance company if you fit winter tyres. Anyone know if this is true?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Dropped from 20” to 18”.

Car looks blinking awful but I’m determined to see if I can make full use of it this winter.

So this is what £2200 worth of Porsche wheels and tyres makes your car look like:

View attachment 215665 View attachment 215666
View attachment 215667

It looks horrible!

Roll on the summer to get the 20s back on.

I haven’t even got mine on yet and I’m already looking forward to getting them off!

Martyn

RMS Regular
I haven’t even got mine on yet and I’m already looking forward to getting them off!

The following week is the time for winters.

Funny thing is my car will be dormant till Feb cause I’m out of the country.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Heard today that you have to inform your insurance company if you fit winter tyres. Anyone know if this is true?

I’m with direct line for both cars. Rang them last year no need to inform they told me.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Heard that one rolled out every few years but it's gotta be a myth.
If the tyres are standard size and have relevant EN mark or whatever, then what's the difference.

Martyn

RMS Regular

I look foward to my conversation in front of a judge with my insurance company:

You installed winter tyres:

Yes

Why?

Causes it’s safer

Lol... you are so guilty

25 years in jail.

Do you think insurance and the law are stupid!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Well possibly some truth in it if they have a lower speed rating than the top speed of your car. Guessing.

RubberLover

RMS Regular

Dropped from 20” to 18”.

I think the opposite, they look good to me (then again I think top end cars look class with steel wheels for winter!) The brakes fill the wheels and people see you mean business with winters fitted, especially when you sail past the X5s and Range Rover Sports!

Martyn

RMS Regular
C
I think the opposite, they look good to me (then again I think top end cars look class with steel wheels for winter!) The brakes fill the wheels and people see you mean business with winters fitted, especially when you sail past the X5s and Range Rover Sports!

Can I double like? If I do that’s a win!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I intended fitting mine today but never got around to it.
Will throw them in the boot tonight and get Central Tyres to swap the wheels over for me tomorrow

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Using the MX5 this week so put my 'winter's on that I'll also be using on a rally next weekend. :oops:
IMG-20180810-WA0000.jpeg

RubberLover

RMS Regular
I actually still have my old MX5 mkIII winter wheels (actually Mazda6 but fits the MX5) and tyres sitting about that I should really get posted up here to get rid of.