Disappointed on the update! I expected numerous snow drifting videos 😂

Brace looks well though 👍🏻
Must've heard you. . . .
20210124_091641.jpg

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
I got caught out years ago joining m2 from greencastle going up the hill at Bellevue, bad snow, single left lane at a standstill due to lorry stuck. I ventured into middle lane and sailed up to sandknowles no problem (classic shape scooby) it was effortless, bypassed the left hand lane all the way up, feeling smug, left motorway at sandknowles and started down the off slip in right hand lane, onto the brakes and the oh **** moment. Slid sideways down most of the lane, stopped at traffic lights facing up the hill 😂. Thankfully I hit nothing, just a new pair of gunks

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
MOT passed tonight. The only thing worse than watching them MOT your car, is hearing them MOT your car. The rumble echoed through the building rightly 😄
Crazy to think its last test was March 19. It didn't come without drama though. Over the weekend I give it a wash, a long overdue Hoover (think that's only the 2nd time since ownership), got the metro plates off and went and bought new sticky pads for the standard plates, swapped out the LED headlight and sidelight bulbs (headlight out job).
IMG_20210221_125532_674.jpg
IMG_20210221_133319_531.jpg
IMG_20210221_125532_693.jpg
Happy days. Went to Comber on Sunday to get a full tank of fuel and on my way home the EML came on. It did come on during mapping (o2 sensor) so I kept an eye on it but it hadn't came on since. I did a scan, o2 fault, hit clear and away it went, "phew , must get that sorted it's on it's way out". Took another run on Monday night and on it came again but of course 2 days before MOT it wouldn't clear this time 🤦‍♂️
Quick message to @bludgod he was able to tell the ECU to ignore the sensor till after MOT. He's a legend.
Have a replacement on the way and will hopefully fit it myself so happy that's all I needed for a years motoring.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
To anyone is a mechanic or works on cars for fun/pleasure you have my upmost respect. Everything I touch seems to be awkward or inaccessible or rusted or seized or needs stuff taken off just to get to the thing you need to work at. Being an electrician I'm used to fiddly things or awkward stuff but my patience is tested with cars.

Went to replace the faulty o2 sensor. YouTube video was simple. Take off wheel, remove access flap in arch liner, loosen one side of under tray to get turn on the spanner.
A- realised I don't have a 20mm spanner.
B- wouldn't have mattered as it wouldn't have fitted in there.
C- alternative location , remove intercooler.
D- the bung was 19mm , happy days. Rusted on.
E- finally managed to get bung out but still need 20mm spanner to fit sensor.
Managed to get vice grips on to tighten it. Then had to wrestle the intercooler back on , put the wheel and liner etc all back together and left the old sensor fitted, some other poor sod can remove it when I'm ever leaving it in for something.

My knees, back, and hands are knackered.
20210227_155720.jpg
Screenshot_20210227-171649_Messenger.jpg
20210227_155946.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
To anyone is a mechanic or works on cars for fun/pleasure you have my upmost respect. Everything I touch seems to be awkward or inaccessible or rusted or seized or needs stuff taken off just to get to the thing you need to work at. Being an electrician I'm used to fiddly things or awkward stuff but my patience is tested with cars.

Went to replace the faulty o2 sensor. YouTube video was simple. Take off wheel, remove access flap in arch liner, loosen one side of under tray to get turn on the spanner.
A- realised I don't have a 20mm spanner.
B- wouldn't have mattered as it wouldn't have fitted in there.
C- alternative location , remove intercooler.
D- the bung was 19mm , happy days. Rusted on.
E- finally managed to get bung out but still need 20mm spanner to fit sensor.
Managed to get vice grips on to tighten it. Then had to wrestle the intercooler back on , put the wheel and liner etc all back together and left the old sensor fitted, some other poor sod can remove it when I'm ever leaving it in for something.

My knees, back, and hands are knackered.
View attachment 313947View attachment 313948View attachment 313946
It's all about having the right gear. Makes life so much easier

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
It's all about having the right gear. Makes life so much easier
True. That is an issue as I've only basic tools. Most stuff I do is a one time deal so not worth buying tools for. I still have a set of torx sockets I bought to fit an oil temp gauge to the bugeye years ago. Only used the one out of the set, for that one job.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
It’s even worse putting it all back together and not doing the job you set out to do. Has happened many times. Still don’t learn and always try then pay to get someone to do it. Warm fire, beer and your sorted

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
True. That is an issue as I've only basic tools. Most stuff I do is a one time deal so not worth buying tools for. I still have a set of torx sockets I bought to fit an oil temp gauge to the bugeye years ago. Only used the one out of the set, for that one job.

i bought a set of male and female Torx type sockets to do one job, splitting a set of bbs lm rims years ago. Only time they seen use. It’s true though your pissin in the wind without correct tools

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Has to be one of the nicest scoobies on the road. Some shine of it aswell
Thankyou !
The shine I can only assume is a spray I'm using from a new crowd. Chemworx Collection they're called, the guy bought my Golf R32 and give me a sample but @Mel put an order in for my valentines.
20210214_121526.jpg

Reactions: Mel